COLUMBIA, S.C., Aug. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Unitrends, the leading provider of all-in-one backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery solutions, today announced the launch of its new Service Provider Program, which equips hosting, managed services and cloud providers with the agile infrastructure needed to simply and cost-effectively offer onsite and offsite backup and disaster recovery services to their customers.
A Unique Approach
Unitrends' new Service Provider Program is built on an innovative foundation designed to meet the specific needs of hosting, managed services and cloud providers. Key program features include:
- Partner-Friendly Subscription Licensing: Unitrends' new program introduces a partnership approach to licensing that eliminates the costly step function often associated with traditional pricing structures. With this simple subscription model, partners can affordably build their private cloud infrastructure.
- Flexible Deployment Options: The ability to mix and match physical and virtual appliances at both customer and data center sites provides maximum flexibility for service providers to expand their addressable market, as well as customize solutions to best meet customer requirements.
- Physical AND Virtual Protection: Having one solution that protects data across on-premise, virtualized and cloud-based environments provides unrivaled total cost of ownership (TCO) by enabling service providers to eliminate overhead costs associated with managing multiple, disparate systems.
- Heterogeneous Agility: Unitrends supports more than 100 different versions of operating systems, applications, servers, storage platforms and hypervisors – all of which can be easily managed through one interface.
- Enhanced Customer Relations: Service providers remain the first point of contact for both billing and support, improving work and cash flow.
"Because Unitrends' backup and disaster recovery solutions protect data across physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure, we are able to deploy and scale in a variety of environments and meet our customers' needs regardless of their data center setup," said Devon Wilson, president at IMS Recovery Services, one of Unitrends' MSP providers specializing in Credit Union backup and disaster recovery services. "Unitrends packs enterprise-class capabilities – from backup and disaster recovery to archiving and replication – into a single solution, which lowers our management overhead and enables us to simplify data protection for our customers. Unitrends enables IMS to be even more flexible in how we interact and protect customers and their data."
Exceptional Recurring Revenue Opportunities
Unitrends' new program also enables service providers to excel in the managed services market with maximum differentiation and margin opportunity. Service providers can now not only provide basic backup and disaster recovery services, but also use Unitrends' technology to power a full range of high-growth, high-margin service offerings, including Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS), Replication-as-a-Service (RaaS) and Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS). Additionally, providers can maximize revenue per client with the ability to layer additional services at no extra cost.
The powerful combination of robust data protection capabilities, increased customer interaction and flexible deployment models enables service providers to drive top- and bottom-line revenue growth, attract new clients, and strengthen customer retention and satisfaction.
With Unitrends' new program, service providers will also receive:
- The No. 1, all-in-one backup and unified data protection technology for the mid-market
- Access to dedicated channel representatives to get enabled and engaged
- Not For Resale licenses of Unitrends' software-only, virtual backup and recovery appliance, Unitrends Enterprise BackupTM, for internal use
- Freedom to interact with customers as they choose, as no pay-to-play fee arrangement or quote is required; once an agreement is in place, a service provider can provision assets, licenses and hardware as necessary
- Use of Unitrends' service provider portal, which allows new license requests, increases capacity of existing licenses, enables ordering of new hardware, tracks capacity in real-time, displays billing and statements, and much more
- Sales and marketing collateral and technical and sales training
"With 88 percent year-over-year growth last year, Unitrends is the fastest growing mid-market data protection vendor," said Mike Coney, CEO at Unitrends. "Unbelievably, we achieved that growth without a service provider program. We didn't want to offer one until we could ensure we'd bring the same high-quality technology, support and go-to-market strategy that has contributed to our 18 successive quarters of record growth. This program achieves that – and more. It integrates virtual, physical and cloud deployment and protection so that service providers can be assured of high profitability and outstanding customer satisfaction."
"There's a shift toward virtualization and cloud services in top managed services areas, such as backup and disaster recovery, that's directly accelerating the growth of the MSP market, which grew 25 percent in 2012, according to the 2013 MSPMentor 501 report," said Bob Gagnon, VP of channel sales at Unitrends. "Unitrends provides competitive advantage to MSPs working in heterogeneous environments, allowing them to not only offer backup services to a broader array of customers but also to cultivate net new opportunities within their existing base. Our new Service Provider Program was developed to make it easy for MSPs to purchase, deploy and manage enterprise-class backup and recovery functionality that can span physical, virtual and cloud infrastructures. Bringing this new program to the market is a tremendous milestone for us and a great opportunity for service providers."
For more information on Unitrends' Service Provider Program, please visit www.unitrends.com/partners/msp-program. Full-featured trial licenses are available for service providers evaluating this program. To get started, please visit www.unitrends.com/products/software/download.
The trusted provider of all-in-one backup solutions, Unitrends enables its customers to focus on their business instead of backup. The company's family of scalable, all-in-one appliances and software solutions for backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery protects corporate data, over 100 different versions of servers, operating systems (including Windows, Hyper-V, VMware, Mac OS, Linux, AIX, Solaris and many others), SAN, NAS, hypervisors (including Hyper-V and VMware) and applications (including Exchange, SQL, Oracle and many others). Unitrends is the preferred choice of IT professionals because the company sets the standard in virtual, physical and cloud server data protection with instant recovery that enables complete system recovery in less than five minutes while Unitrends' pricing offers the lowest TCO in the industry. Unitrends' U.S.-based support team boasts a 98% customer satisfaction rate. Visit www.unitrends.com.
Jackie Gerbus for Unitrends, Inc.