NEW YORK, April 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Thanks to lower economic productivity, the remarkable wealth growth rates of the past few years will not be repeated in China over the forecast period. Nevertheless, strong predicted retail investments growth - led by strong mutual fund performance - will continue to see the market grow at a faster rate than in the wider region. Between 2015 and 2019 liquid assets held by affluent individuals are forecast to record a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.2%, representing a sizable opportunity for wealth managers operating in the country.
- At the end of 2015, of the approximately 1.05 billion adults living in China 3.5% could be considered affluent.
- Asset growth is expected to be strongest in the $10m+ asset band, which will record a CAGR of 14.1% between 2015 and 2019, compared to a CAGR of 8.8% for mass affluent individuals.
- Deposits continue to dominate China's retail investments market, but mutual fund holdings are forecast to grow at the fastest pace over the next five years.
- Chinese high net worth (HNW) investors allocate a noteworthy proportion of their investable assets into non-traditional investments, mostly in direct property. However, this is expected to change thanks to the recent drop in property prices.
Wealth in China: Sizing the Market Opportunity analyzes China's wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
Specifically, the report:
- Sizes the affluent market (both by the number of individuals and the value of their liquid assets) using Verdict Financial's proprietary datasets.
- Analyzes which asset classes are favored by Chinese investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
- Examines HNW clients' attitudes towards non-liquid investments, such as property and commodities.
- Identifies key drivers and booking centers for offshore investments.
Reasons To Buy
- Benchmark your share of the Chinese wealth market against the current market size.
- Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2019.
- Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing the penetration of affluent individuals in China - both at country and regional level.
- Evaluate your HNW proposition by understanding how the local tax system affects your HNW clients.
- Review your offshore strategy by learning the HNW motivations for offshore investments and their preferred booking centers.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03724698-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wealth-in-china-sizing-the-market-opportunity-sizing-the-wealth-market-in-china-and-its-growth-potential-300251203.html