The unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) market is expected to reach $21.8 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 14.1% during the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Also, in terms of volume, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.2% from 2020 to 2027 to reach 13.2 million units by 2027.
The growth in this market is mainly attributed to the rising adoption of UAVs in civil and commercial applications, increasing deployment of UAV in border patrolling and combating terrorism, and federal aviation administration (FAA) approved regulations to permit the use of UAVs in several industries.
The study offers a comprehensive analysis of the global unmanned aerial vehicle market with respect to components, type, class, capacity, mode of operation, end user, and geography. The global unmanned aerial vehicle market is segmented on the basis of component (UAV hardware, UAV software); class (small UAVs, strategic & tactical UAVs, special-purpose UAVs); type (fixed-wing UAVs, fixed-wing VTOL UAVs, rotary-wing UAVs); capacity (<_5 kilograms_="kilograms_" _5-170="_5-170">170 Kilograms); mode of operation (remotely operated UAVs, semi-autonomous UAVs, fully autonomous UAVs); and end user (military, commercia, law enforcement, agriculture, energy & power, construction & mining, media & entertainment, wildlife & forestry, insurance). The study also evaluates industry competitors and analyses the market at a country level.
Geographically, the global UAV market is segmented into five major geographies, namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. The North America region is estimated to command the largest share of the global unmanned aerial vehicle market in 2020. However, Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness rapid growth during the forecast period. The rapid growth of this region is mainly driven by the increasing adoption of automation and advanced technologies across a wide range of industries in countries such as China and Japan to counter the rising labor costs; supporting government initiatives across the region; and investments by major UAV companies.
The key players operating in the global unmanned aerial vehicle market are Elbit Systems Ltd. (Israel), Northrop Grumman Corporation (U.S.), General Atomics (U.S.), AeroVironment, Inc. (U.S.), Lockheed Martin Corporation (U.S.), Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd. (Israel), Parrot S.A.(France), Microdrones GmbH (Germany), PrecisionHawk Inc (U.S.), SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd (China), 3D Robotics (U.S.), Textron Inc. (U.S.), Boeing (U.S.), Aeronautics (U.S), Saab AB (Sweden), BAE Systems plc (U.K.), Ehang (china), Raytheon Company (U.S.), Turkish Aerospace Industries (Turkey), and Yuneec International (China) among others.
Key questions answered in the report:
Which are the high growth market segments in terms of the components, type, class, capacity, end-user, and countries?
What is the historical market for unmanned aerial vehicle across the globe?
What are the market forecasts and estimates from the period of 2020-2027?
What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global unmanned aerial vehicle market?
Who are the major players in the global unmanned aerial vehicle market and what share of the market do they hold?
Who are the major players in various countries and what share of the market do they hold?
How is the competitive landscape?
What are the recent developments in the global unmanned aerial vehicle market?
What are the different strategies adopted by the major players in the global unmanned aerial vehicle market?
What are the geographical trends and high growth countries?
Who are the local emerging players in the global unmanned aerial vehicle market and how do they compete with the other players?
Key Topics Covered:
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary 3.1. Introduction 3.2. Market Dynamics 3.3. Market Analysis, by Component 3.4. Market Analysis, by UAV Class 3.5. Market Analysis, by UAV Type 3.6. Market Analysis, by UAV Capacity 3.7. Market Analysis, by Mode of Operation 3.8. Market Analysis, by End User 3.9. Market Analysis, by Geography
4. Market insights 4.1. Introduction 4.2. Market Dynamics 4.3. Drivers 4.3.1. Rising Adoption of UAVs in Civil and Commercial Applications 4.3.2. Increasing Deployment of UAVs for Border Patrolling and Combating Terrorism 4.3.3. Exemptions Made by Regulatory Authorities around the Globe to Permit the Use of UAVs in Several Industries 4.4. Restraints 4.4.1. Technical Limitations of UAVs 4.5. Opportunities 4.5.1. Increased Deployment of UAVs to Carry Out Aerial Remote Sensing 4.5.2. Growing Defense Budgets of Major Economies 4.6. Challenges 4.6.1. Lack of Proper Air Traffic Management for UAVs 4.6.2. Possible Threats to Safety and Violation of Privacy 220.127.116.11. Threats to drones 18.104.22.168.1. Hijacking 22.214.171.124.2. Leak in supply chain 126.96.36.199. Threats from drones 188.8.131.52.1. Privacy 184.108.40.206.2. Cybersecurity 220.127.116.11.3. Physical safety 4.6.3. Lack of Skilled & Trained Personnel to Operate UAVs 4.7. Trends 4.7.1. Technological Developments in the Field of Drone Payloads 4.7.2. Emergence of Artificial Intelligence in Drones 18.104.22.168. Applied Aeronautics 22.214.171.124. AeroVironment (U.S.) 126.96.36.199. Skydio (U.S.) 188.8.131.52. Airlitix (U.S.) 4.7.3. Use of UAVs for Humanitarian Aid, Disaster Relief, and Emergency Response 4.8. Pricing Analysis, By Class 4.8.1. Pricing Overview 4.8.2. Mini UAV 4.8.3. Micro UAV 4.8.4. Strategic and Tactical UAV 4.8.5. Special Purpose UAV 4.8.6. Trend Analysis 184.108.40.206. Mini Vs Micro UAV (Average Selling Price) 220.127.116.11. Strategic and Tactical Vs Special Purpose UAV (Average Selling Price) 4.9. COVID-19 Impact Assessment 4.9.1. Introduction 4.9.2. Deployment of UAV amidst Covid-19 18.104.22.168. Disinfectant Spraying 22.214.171.124. Medicine and Essential Deliveries 126.96.36.199. UAV Surveillance and Monitoring 188.8.131.52. Other Uses 4.9.3. UAV Manufacturers Suffer Production Delays Worldwide 4.9.4. COVID-19 Impact Assessment
5. Regulatory Analysis 5.1. Introduction 5.2. North America 5.3. Europe 5.4. Asia Pacific 5.5. Latin America 5.6. Middle East
11. Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Market, by End-User 11.1. Introduction 11.2. Military 11.2.1. Covid-19 Impact on Military UAV Sector 11.3. Agriculture 11.4. Media & Advertising 11.5. Commercial 11.5.1. Covid-19 Impact on Commercial UAV Sector 11.6. Construction & Mining 11.6.1. Monitoring and inspection 11.6.2. Automatic Surveying and Mapping 11.6.3. Stockpile Management 11.6.4. Haulage Road Optimization 11.6.5. Covid-19 Impact on the Construction Sector 11.7. Energy & Power 11.7.1. Covid-19 Impact on Energy and Power Sector 11.8. Wildlife & forestry 11.9. Insurance 11.9.1. Covid-19 Impact on the insurance Sector 11.10. Law Enforcement 11.10.1. Crime Scene investigation 11.10.2. Cars, Planes and Boat Accidents 11.10.3. Traffic Management and Flow 11.10.4. Covid-19 Impact on Law Enforcement Sector 11.11. Others 11.11.1. Covid-19 Impact
12. Geographic Analysis 12.1. Introduction 12.2. North America 12.2.1. U.S. 12.2.2. Canada 12.3. Asia Pacific 12.3.1. China 12.3.2. Japan 12.3.3. India 12.3.4. Rest of Asia-Pacific 12.4. Europe 12.4.1. Germany 12.4.2. U.K. 12.4.3. France 12.4.4. Russia 12.4.5. Italy 12.4.6. Rest of Europe 12.5. Latin America 12.6. Middle East and Africa
13. Competitive Landscape 13.1. Introduction 13.2. New Product Launches & Enhancements 13.3. Partnerships, Agreements, and Collaborations 13.4. Key Acquisitions & Mergers 13.5. Key Expansions 13.6. Other Developments 13.7. Competitive Benchmarking 13.8. Market Ranking (2019) 13.8.1. General Atomics 13.8.2. Northrop Grumman Corporation 13.8.3. The Boeing Company 13.8.4. BAE Systems Plc 13.8.5. Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd
14. Company Profiles 14.1. Elbit Systems Ltd. 14.1.1. Business Overview 14.1.2. Financial Overview 14.1.3. Product and Service Portfolio 14.1.4. Strategic Developments 14.2. Northrop Grumman Corporation 14.2.1. Business Overview 14.2.2. Financial Overview 14.2.3. Product Portfolio 14.2.4. Strategic Developments 14.3. General Atomics 14.3.1. Business Overview 14.3.2. Financial Overview 14.3.3. Product and Service Portfolio 14.3.4. Strategic Developments 14.4. AeroVironment, Inc. 14.4.1. Business Overview 14.4.2. Financial Overview 14.4.3. Product and Services Portfolio 14.4.4. Strategic Developments 14.5. Lockheed Martin Corporation 14.5.1. Business Overview 14.5.2. Financial Overview 14.5.3. Product Portfolio 14.5.4. Strategic Developments 14.6. Israel Aerospace industries Ltd. 14.6.1. Business Overview 14.6.2. Financial Overview 14.6.3. Product Portfolio 14.6.4. Strategic Developments 14.7. Parrot S.A. 14.7.1. Business Overview 14.7.2. Financial Overview 14.7.3. Product Portfolio 14.7.4. Strategic Developments 14.8. Microdrones Gmbh 14.8.1. Business Overview 14.8.2. Financial Overview 14.8.3. Product Portfolio 14.8.4. Strategic Developments 14.9. PrecisionHawk, Inc. 14.9.1. Business Overview 14.9.2. Financial Overview 14.9.3. Product Portfolio 14.9.4. Strategic Developments 14.10. SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd. 14.10.1. Business Overview 14.10.2. Financial Overview 14.10.3. Product Portfolios 14.10.4. Strategic Developments 14.11. 3D Robotics 14.11.1. Business Overview 14.11.2. Financial Overview 14.11.3. Product Portfolio 14.11.4. Strategic Developments 14.12. Textron Inc. 14.12.1. Business Overview 14.12.2. Financial Overview 14.12.3. Product Portfolio 14.12.4. Strategic Developments 14.13. The Boeing Company 14.13.1. Business Overview 14.13.2. Financial Overview 14.13.3. Product Portfolio 14.13.4. Strategic Developments 14.14. Saab AB 14.14.1. Business Overview 14.14.2. Financial Overview 14.14.3. Product Portfolio 14.14.4. Strategic Developments 14.15. BAE Systems Plc 14.15.1. Business Overview 14.15.2. Financial Overview 14.15.3. Product Portfolio 14.15.4. Strategic Developments 14.16. EHang 14.16.1. Business Overview 14.16.2. Financial Overview 14.16.3. Product Portfolio 14.16.4. Strategic Developments 14.17. Raytheon Technologies Corporation 14.17.1. Business Overview 14.17.2. Financial Overview 14.17.3. Product Portfolio 14.17.4. Strategic Developments 14.18. Yuneec 14.18.1. Business Overview 14.18.2. Financial Overview 14.18.3. Product Portfolio 14.18.4. Strategic Developments 14.19. Aeronautics 14.19.1. Business Overview 14.19.2. Financial Overview 14.19.3. Product and Service Portfolio 14.19.4. Strategic Developments 14.20. Turkish Aerospace industries 14.20.1. Business Overview 14.20.2. Financial Overview 14.20.3. Product and Service Portfolio 14.20.4. Strategic Developments 14.21. Primoco UAV SE 14.21.1. Business Overview 14.21.2. Financial Overview 14.21.3. Product Portfolio 14.21.4. Strategic Developments