SHANGHAI and CAMBRIDGE, Mass. and REYKJAVIK, Iceland, Oct. 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- WuXi NextCODE, the global standard platform for genomic data, invites attendees at the American Society of Human Genetics annual meeting being held this week in Orlando to visit booth #1031 and attend the company's full slate of events showcasing the most advanced applications of large-scale sequence data benefitting patients and populations around the world.
The full schedule of WuXi NextCODE events with dates, times, locations and speakers can be found at wuxinextcode.com/ashg/. Highlights include:
Genomes for breakfast: Our popular signature series of free breakfast talks returns every morning of the meeting, with the global leaders and new technologies across key applications of genomics in research and patient care:
- Wednesday 18 October: Using population genomics to understand common and rare disease, with Kari Stefansson of deCODE, Annerose Berndt of UPMC, and Khalid Fakhro of Sidra Medical and Research Center in Doha
- Thursday 19 October: Using NGS to diagnose rare disease – experiences from three continents, with Alan Beggs of Boston Children's Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Patrick Sulem of deCODE, and Lin Yang of Fudan Children's Hospital (Shanghai)
- Friday 20 October: Generating and analyzing massive tumor multi-omic datasets for disease classification and pathway discovery, featuring WuXi NextCODE's leading edge capabilities with our head of AI Tom Chittenden, our Tumor Product Development Director Jim Lund, and our Associate Director of Cancer Genetics Shannon Bailey
Live demonstrations: Our applications and informatics teams will provide live demonstrations of our unique capabilities and user-friendly interfaces for directly querying massive genomic and medical data over the internet at raw-read resolution:
- Wednesday 18 October 12:24-1:30pm, CoLab #159: The sandbox AND the toys. Our Director of Tumor Product Development Jim Lund will demonstrate the capabilities of The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) running on WuXi NextCODE's GORdb and ask what applications the community would like to see developed for making this key public data resource even more useful
- Thursday 19 October, 10:30-11am: Mining 100,000 whole genomes live, at full resolution, with GORdb. Hakon Gudbjartsson, inventor of GORdb and our head of informatics, will demonstrate the unique speed and power of the core technology underpinning our global platform.
About WuXi NextCODE
WuXi NextCODE is a fully integrated contract genomics organization building the global standard platform for genomic data. With offices in Shanghai; Kendall Square in Cambridge, Massachusetts; and Reykjavik, Iceland, we serve the leading population genomics, precision medicine, diagnostics and wellness initiatives and enterprises using the genome to improve health around the world. Our capabilities span study design, sequencing, secondary analysis, storage, and interpretation and scalable analytics – all backed by the most proven and widely used technology for organizing, mining and sharing genome sequence data. We are also applying the same capabilities to advance a growing range of sequence-based tests and scans in China. WuXi NextCODE is a WuXi Group company. Visit us on the web at www.wuxinextcode.com.
Edward Farmer, PhD
SOURCE WuXi NextCODE