LOS ANGELES, Aug. 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- TEN: The Enthusiast Network announced today it will transform ROADKILL—its highly popular automotive gearhead adventure show and the most viewed YouTube automotive original series in the world—into a marquee multiplatform automotive media brand. With a new ROADKILL website going live and a premier event, ROADKILL Nights, scheduled for August, and Issue #1 of ROADKILL magazine due on newsstands in September, this is TEN's biggest automotive media launch in almost 30 years.
"TEN is taking a highly successful original video series and transforming it into a web-led, socially amplified media brand with a 360-degree platform that reaches consumers at every touchpoint," says Chief Content Officer Angus MacKenzie. "Through this, we are creating authentic experiences to match our audience's strong engagement online and delivering the type of long-term growth we envision for our brands."
Launched in 2012 as an episodic program with a new show every fourth Friday on TEN's Motor Trend YouTube channel, ROADKILL has become a breakout hit, reaching on average more than 3 million viewers per episode. Viewers ride along with hosts David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan, who ambitiously take on overwhelming challenges as they continue their love/hate relationship with hot rods, street machines, and other highly strung performance vehicles—and just getting to their destination is an adventure.
"We are extremely proud and excited to grow ROADKILL into a multiplatform brand," says TEN's Senior Vice President of Content Strategy David Freiburger. "Enthusiasts tune in to see an automobile disaster waiting to happen and ROADKILL consistently provides that. The show takes risks and doesn't take itself too seriously, which has led to a fiercely loyal and engaged viewership."
ROADKILL's audience has responded to the show's unscripted, authentic content with 137,000,000 lifetime video views and 1,294,806,356 total minutes watched, and is highly engaged, averaging a like every 159 views, a comment every 790 views, and 31 times more likes than dislikes. On other platforms, ROADKILL has organically grown a Facebook page with 961,511 likes, averaging a new page like for every 137 video views, and an Instagram account with 98,533 followers, averaging a new follower for every 1,340 video views.
"This is a prime example of a successful digital first approach from a legacy publisher," says TEN's CEO Scott Dickey. "TEN is leading the way in making the transformation from a legacy publishing business model to a multiplatform content creation and media distribution enterprise."
Components of the ROADKILL media brand:
- Issue #1 launches September 4, 2015
- Quarterly distribution
- Premium quality size and paper stock
- Dodge Charger Hellcat vs. General Mayhem cover story
ROADKILL NIGHTS EVENT
- Unofficially kicks off the Woodward Dream Cruise
- ROADKILL Nights, "Powered by Dodge," is a pop-up car festival featuring flashlight drag races between participants driving their own cars
- Held at Pontiac Silverdome, Wednesday, August 12, from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Participants register on the ROADKILL.com Events page prior to event
- Features ROADKILL cars and personalities
- ROADKILL Approved: New Car Buyer's Guide
- Editorial contributions from across TEN's automotive portfolio
- E-commerce for ROADKILL merchandise
- Launched in 2012 as an episodic program on TEN's Motor Trend YouTube Channel
- A new episode aired every fourth Friday of the month
- Most viewed YouTube automotive original series in the world
- Reaches on average more than 3 million viewers per episode
- Amassed 137,000,000 lifetime video views, 1,294,806,356 total minutes watched
- Most popular video: Rat Rod vs Lamborghini Aventador!—39,168,694 video views
ROADKILL, a media brand of TEN: The Enthusiast Network, was founded in 2012 as a YouTube series that went on to become the most viewed YouTube automotive original series in the world. Today, the ROADKILL media footprint includes ROADKILL.com, the ROADKILL magazine, and automotive events including ROADKILL Nights. ROADKILL began as a spinoff of HOT ROD, the most recognized brand in the world of high-performance cars since the iconic American magazine was founded in 1948.
About TEN: The Enthusiast Network
TEN: The Enthusiast Network is the world's premier network of enthusiast brands, such as MOTOR TREND, AUTOMOBILE, HOT ROD, SURFER, TRANSWORLD SKATEBOARDING, and GRINDTV. With more than 50 publications, 60 websites, 50 events, 1,000 branded products, the world's largest automotive VOD channel, and the world's largest action/adventure sports media platform, TEN inspires enthusiasts to pursue their passions. For more information, visit enthusiastnetwork.com.
CONTACT: Ryan Payne, SVP, Marketing, TEN: The Enthusiast Network
RPayne@enthusiastnetwork.com or 949-705-3105
SOURCE TEN: The Enthusiast Network