YOKNEAM, Israel, May 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Lumenis Ltd., the world's largest energy-based medical device company for surgical, aesthetic and ophthalmic applications, today announced that it will share new clinical data on its CO2 laser-based FiberLase™ Technology for minimally invasive treatment of endometriosis at the upcoming Society of Endometriosis and Uterine Disorders (SEUD) Congress 2019 in Montreal, Canada, May 16-18. During the congress, gynecologists specializing in minimally invasive surgery using the Lumenis FiberLase Technology will share their experience with the Lumenis CO2 laser for the treatment of endometriosis and other indications in gynecology.
"We are excited to see our FiberLase CO2 Laser Technology receiving meaningful recognition for its clinical benefits from leaders in the gynecology community," said Tzipi Ozer-Armon, CEO of Lumenis. "Together with our partners in the SEUD and the broader MIGS community, we are committed to improving the standard of care in gynecology and raising awareness for the benefits of our CO2 technology, particularly its ability to effectively treat endometriosis while preserving patient fertility."
"The FiberLase flexible CO2 fiber allows us to treat endometriosis of all degrees and types, with minimal negative impact on the ovaries, allowing us to preserve patients' fertility," said Dr. Antonio R. Gargiulo, REI and reproductive surgeon, Center for Infertility and Reproductive Surgery and Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston; and Medical Director of Robotic Surgery for Brigham Health, who will narrate a Lumenis live surgery event at SEUD Congress 2019. "An added advantage to using the CO2 laser for myomectomy is that it can be very effectively used in the chance of concurrent endometriosis findings, which is very common in my practice."
The advantages of the FiberLase Technology will be showcased at SEUD Congress 2019 in a series of plenary and video sessions by leading international opinion leaders:
- Dr. Jessica Ottolina, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy – Fertility outcome after "one step" CO2 laser vaporization versus cystectomy in women with ovarian endometrioma: a 3-year follow-up study; Salon St. Laurent 4, free communication session 12; Friday, May 17th, 5:15 PM
- Dr. Mariona Rius, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain – Use of CO2 laser for bilateral endometrioma; Salon St. Laurent 4, Free Communication session 2; Friday, May 17th, 2:00 PM
- Dr. Vadim Morozov, MedStar Washington Hospital Center, Washington, D.C. – Excision of bladder endometriosis using UltraPulse DUO CO2 laser; Salon St. Laurent 8, Video session 1; Friday, May 17th, 5:15 PM
- Dr. John Dulemba, The Women's Centre, Denton, Texas – Extensive CO2 laser robotic adhesiolysis during endometriosis surgery; Salon St. Laurent 8, Video session 1; Friday, May 17th, 5:15 PM
- Dr. Ludovico Muzii, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy – Efficacy of fractional CO2 laser on symptoms associated with vulvovaginal atrophy (VVA); CO2 laser treatment in post-menopausal women affected by vaginal atrophy; CO2 fractional laser treatment impact on female sexual function and distress ; Poster presentation gallery; Thursday, May 16th, 7:00 PM
- Dr. Joseph Franzese, Institute for Reproductive Health in Cincinnati – CO2 laser robotic-assisted ovarian cystectomy; Poster presentation gallery; Thursday, May 16th, 7:00 PM
Lumenis will also hold a live surgery event at SEUD 2019 to showcase the use of a CO2 laser with FiberLase Technology to excise endometrial tissue. Dr. Jamie Kroft from Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Toronto, Canada, will perform the procedures, with Dr. Gargiulo narrating. Montreal Ballroom, Thursday, May 16th , 08:30-11:30 AM.
During SEUD Congress 2019, attendees will get firsthand experience of FiberLase Technology at the Lumenis booth (#15).
FiberLase™ CO2 laser fiber allows easy access to difficult-to-reach anatomy and provides a variety of delicate treatment options. FiberLase™ can be easily integrated into existing surgical environments allowing you to comfortably perform a wide variety of procedures, making the laser an easy-to-use tool. FiberLase™ allows you to expand from the operating room to the outpatient environment, save costs and enable periodical treatments of recurring conditions under local anesthesia.
Lumenis is the world's largest energy-based medical device company for surgical, aesthetic and ophthalmic applications in the area of minimally invasive clinical solutions. Regarded as a world-renowned expert in developing and commercializing innovative energy-based technologies, including Laser, Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) and Radio-Frequency (RF). For nearly 50 years, Lumenis' ground-breaking products have redefined medical treatments and have set numerous technological and clinical gold-standards. Lumenis has successfully created solutions for previously untreatable conditions, as well as designed advanced technologies that have revolutionized existing treatment methods.
SOURCE Lumenis Ltd.