SINGAPORE, Jan. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Integrated communications agency Waggener Edstrom Communications (WE) today released a new, proprietary research study about the impact of digital content and brand storytelling online for brands across Asia-Pacific. The research is entitled Content Matters: The Impact of Brand Storytelling Online in 2014.
View the multimedia assets at: http://en.prnasia.com/pr/2014/01/22/140023712.shtml
The new regional study reveals the relationship between brand storytelling online and key consumer behaviors such as brand advocacy, spending, and engagement across six business categories in ten Asian markets.
The study surveyed over 2,200 consumers between the ages of 15 and 60 across Australia, mainland China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, and Vietnam. The report also shares Asia-Pacific regional findings.
"Communications professionals across Asia find themselves under increasing pressure to prove the ROI of their investments in digital content. Our new research reveals a clear relationship between brand storytelling online and increased consumer spending, referrals, and engagement," said Stephen Tracy, APAC Lead at Waggener Edstrom's Insight & Analytics (I&A) practice. "Put simply, the more consumers engage with brand content, the more they spend on brands."
Zaheer Nooruddin, Vice President of Digital at Waggener Edstrom's Studio D in Asia-Pacific, added: "For us the real take-away is that brand owners must focus on creating rich, compelling, and relevant storytelling for their audiences in 2014. If brands succeed with creating consumer engagement through high-quality content marketing across Asian markets, then the ROI will follow."
Respondents were asked a series of questions related to how they interact with brands across different business sectors, including Travel & Tourism, Mobile Devices, Consumer Electronics and Appliances (excluding Mobile Devices), Food & Beverage products, Personal Care products, and Healthcare.
Some of the findings from the study include:
- Across the APAC region, Mobile Device brands have the most digital fans and followers; 72% of Asian consumers stated that they follow a Mobile Device brand in the digital space
- 78% of Asian digital consumers state they obtain information about product and services using social media
- Australian consumers who follow Personal Care brands online spend up to 111% more on Personal Care products per week
- Consumers in Australia who follow Travel & Tourism brands online spend up to 51% more on Travel & Tourism products and services per year
- Chinese consumers who follow Food & Beverage brands online spend up to 160% more on Food & Beverage products every week
- 86% of digital consumers in China actively consume online advertorial content or click on digital ads
- Consumers in Hong Kong who follow Mobile Device brands online are 33% more likely to recommend a Mobile Device brand, product, or service to a friend, family member, or colleague
- 88% of digital consumers in Hong Kong participate in brand campaigns that have contests and giveaways on social media
- 91% of Indian online consumers use Facebook Frequently or Very Frequently
- Consumers in India who follow Travel & Tourism brands spend up to 187% more on Travel & Tourism products per year
- 95% of Indonesian online consumers obtain information about products and services on social media
- 87% of digital consumers in Indonesia search for the latest deals and promotions from brands on social media
- Consumers in Japan who follow Consumer Electronics & Appliance brands online spend up to 12% more on Consumer Electronics & Appliances products per purchase
- 60% of digital consumers in Japan actively consume online advertorial content or click on digital ads
- 32% of digital consumers in South Korea use Cyworld Frequently or Very Frequently
- Consumers in South Korea who follow Food & Beverage brands online spend up to 167% more on F&B products every week
- Consumers in the Philippines who follow Travel & Tourism brands online spend up to 160% more on Travel & Tourism products and services per year
- Consumers in the Philippines who follow Healthcare brands online spend up to 257% more on Healthcare-related products and services per purchase
- Consumers who follow Food & Beverage brands spend up to 108% more on F&B products and services per week
- Consumers in Singapore who follow Healthcare brands online spend up to 172% more on Healthcare-related products and services per purchase
- Consumers in Vietnam who follow Personal Care brands online spend up to 156% more on Personal Care products and services per week
- Consumers in Vietnam who follow Healthcare brands online are 57% more likely to recommend a Healthcare brand, product or service to a friend, family member, or colleague
"This study shows that in 2014 digital-driven brand storytelling is central to successful communications. Consumers want to be engaged by brands online," said Matthew Lackie, Senior Vice President at Waggener Edstrom. "We are seeing that B2B and B2C companies will be rewarded in 2014 with larger spends, engagement rates, and higher levels of brand advocacy when they provide their audiences with great content."
The complete study from Waggener Edstrom can be downloaded from http://apac.waggeneredstrom.com.
About Waggener Edstrom Communications
Waggener Edstrom Communications (WE) is a global, independent integrated communications agency that has developed strategic communications programs for innovative and world-changing clients for nearly 30 years -- working to influence markets, inspire people and improve lives. WE APAC specializes in the Consumer, Technology, Healthcare, Corporate and Digital communications sectors. WE was recently named APAC Consumer Consultancy of the Year 2013 by The Holmes Report. In 2012, WE was named Mid-Size Network of the Year at the Campaign Asia-Pacific PR Awards for the second year running, APAC Technology Consultancy of the Year by The Holmes Report, and in 2011 Best Digital Campaign of the Year by The Holmes Report's Asia Pacific SABRE Awards. The agency has more than 750 employees in 19 offices around the world, and its Global Alliance partners expand the agency's reach to more than 80 additional international markets. To learn more, visit http://apac.waggeneredstrom.com.
The Waggener Edstrom® mark, the Innovation Communications® mark, the twendz™ mark, the WE Studio D™ mark and other marks used herein are registered or unregistered trademarks of Waggener Edstrom Worldwide Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owners. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.
For more information:
Jordyn Hill, Waggener Edstrom, +65-9873-3121, email@example.com
SOURCE Waggener Edstrom Communications