AHMEDABAD, India, July 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
Astral Poly Technik Ltd. is a leader in the Indian piping industry today, since its establishment in 1996, it has set new benchmarks of quality and innovation in plumbing and drainage solutions of the country. It manufactures plumbing, drainage, agriculture, industrial, electrical conduit and fire sprinkler pipes along with selling Hauraton surface drainage systems in India. With such an array of products, Astral Poly Technik now prepares to step into newer territory. Astral Poly Technik Ltd. announces acquisition of Rex Polyextrusion Pvt. Ltd. with 51% equity buyout.
Rex Polyextrusion Pvt. Ltd. has been one of the prominent players in the piping industry for the past three decades. Pioneering in corrugated piping and cable protection, the company is renowned for a variety of new products in the Indian piping industry, covering multiple sectors that encourage the application of superior, user-friendly and economic solutions. It employs state-of-the-art German equipment and extrusion process technology with specific emphasis on quality production in combination with technical advancements. Rex offers a formidable range of products suitable for the Indian piping needs, especially in the Infrastructure space.
On the occasion, Mr. Sandeep Engineer, Managing Director, Astral Poly Technik Ltd., said, "Astral started its journey with CPVC pipes and later on added other categories of pipes. Today, we're a well-known and reputed brand with a strong distinctive image in Indian piping market. With our recent foray in the adhesive business, we've only grown with a top line of more than Rs. 500 Cr. With the acquisition of Rex, we're all firmly set to enter and dominate the infrastructure sector, while continuing our constantly evolving piping business."
This acquisition will help in adding these new product ranges in the piping domain:
• PVC suction and discharge hoses
• Single wall corrugated pipes for sub-surface drainage in farms & sports fields
• Double walled corrugated piping systems for buried underground communication / power cable management / solar farms
• Plastic sheathing ducts for post tensioning for flyovers and bridges
• Double walled corrugated structured wall non-pressured underground sewerage drainage applications
• Polyolefin cable channels for underground laying of signal and communication lines on railway routes/ power plants/ industrial installations
• Package sewage treatment plants for effective management of sewage generated from communities
• Flat belt type sub-surface drainage systems for agricultural, road drainage, foundation drainage and tunnel drainage application
Together Astral and Rex will now offer an end-to-end specialized product range in project and infrastructure space combined with their own expertise in plumbing and drainage segment. With such acquisitions, Astral has become a formidable force in the industry at large. Astral's capabilities will now be bolstered by Rex Polyextrusion Pvt. Ltd. This will bring reliable solutions in the infrastructure and construction industry and create remarkable standards for the next-generation building solutions.
VP Business Development
Astral Poly Technik Limited
SOURCE Astral Pipes