SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Singular, the only marketing analytics solution that combines attribution and campaign analytics in a single platform, has published its 2017 edition of The Singular ROI Index. The study ranks the top-performing mobile media sources on iOS and Android by 30-day ROI, leveraging the largest set of cost, revenue, and fraud data in the industry.
The Singular ROI Index takes $1 billion in revenue data from over 1,700 apps with 315M installs and combines this with advanced insights from Singular's Fraud Index to evaluate over 1,200 mobile media sources. The rankings account for three factors:
- Quality Factor (based on ROI or revenue divided by cost)
- Scale Factor (total ad spend)
- Fraud Factor (penalty based on the percentage of fraudulent installs driven by a media source)
"The Singular ROI Index has become the go-to source for industry-wide data to arm mobile marketers with the insights they need to drive the most revenue at the lowest cost for their apps. We're excited to drill down deeper this year to provide them with even more guidance based on vertical and regional trends," said Susan Kuo, COO and Co-founder of Singular.
Singular is uniquely positioned to offer the most comprehensive set of ROI data as the leading mobile attribution and campaign analytics platform used by top marketers at Lyft, Yelp, Rovio, Postmates, Airbnb, and Blizzard.
Comparing Singular's ROI Index 2016 to 2017, notable changes occurred. In terms of platform ROI, iOS held its lead for the Gaming category; however, Android made significant headway in closing the gap. A number of other players achieved considerable growth in both volume and return as newcomers burst onto the scene, big names increased their game, and video-focused media sources continued to climb the ranks.
Summary of Findings:
- Snapchat Enters the Scene on iOS: Snapchat debuts in the rankings as marketers increased their spend on iOS driving the 6th highest ROI for the Non-Gaming category and the 15th highest ROI across all verticals
- Apple Search Ads Accelerates into the Top 5: Apple Search Ads captured a larger share of digital marketing budgets, rising from the 23rd rank to the 6th highest-volume media source on iOS from 2016 to 2017
- AdWords Takes Back the Top Spot on Android: While Facebook surged to the top spot in 2016, AdWords took back control as the top leader on Android in 2017
- Facebook Edges Out AdWords in EMEA: AdWords held the top spot in Americas and APAC on Android, but Facebook beat out AdWords in EMEA
- Twitter on the Rise: Twitter delivered the 2nd highest ROI across both Android and iOS in the Non-Gaming category
- Top Video Media Sources Keep Climbing: Video media sources - Vungle, Unity Ads and AdColony - climb into the Top 5 on Android
- iOS Dominates in Gaming: iOS drove 1.2X higher ROI in the Gaming category, however Android is quickly closing that gap driving 8% annual growth in ROI
For the complete list of rankings, download The Singular ROI Index now.
Singular is the only marketing analytics solution that combines attribution and campaign analytics in a single platform. With Singular, marketers can now connect and standardize disparate campaign data, visualize ROI at every user touchpoint across channels, track user behavior, and measure metrics that matter at the most granular levels. Singular customers include companies like Lyft, Yelp, AirBnB, Rovio, Wag, Postmates and Zynga. Singular is backed by General Catalyst, Thomvest Ventures, Method Capital, Translink Capital, DCM and Telstra Ventures. For more information, visit www.singular.net or contact email@example.com.