NEW DELHI, October 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- An award based on the unique, tested, tried and proven Quadruple Elimination Process that recognizes winning people behind the winning cars, bikes and trucks
- Clean sweep by Maruti Suzuki India at 2016 WAF Awards - PV Category
- Hyundai Motor India takes Best Production and Best Marketing & Sales award, second time in a row
- Clean sweep by Mercedes Benz India in Luxury Category
The 2016 World Auto Forum Awards have been announced for Passenger Vehicle Category. This is a one-of-its-kind award powered by the unique Quadruple Elimination Process:
- Selection parameters finalized by CXOs from the auto makers
- Exhaustive research by young researchers from IIT Delhi
- Multiple jury rounds
- Reference checks
This year the selection was made from a total of 40 auto makers in India and their 249 CXOs. The WAF Awards truly celebrates the authentic winning performance of CXOs/functional heads amongst the auto makers. The awards are in the categories of Medium and Heavy (CV) Makers, Two Wheeler Makers, Passenger Vehicle Makers, Best Innovation and the Most Popular MD & CEO - Global & India Auto Makers (poll based).
The winners of three categories are announced each week.
World Auto Forum announces the winners of PV Category through this release. They have already announced the winners of M&HCV Category and 2W Category. This week the winners of the Most Popular Global & India MD/CEO - Global & India Auto Makers (poll based) will be announced.
The voting lines for Most Popular Global & India Auto Maker MD/CEO are still open. Voting can be done in a secure and fast way here: https://goo.gl/pp5URi
The honorable jury members for 2016 World Auto Forum Awards include:
- Dr. Akhil Prasad: Country Counsel India - Boeing
- Dilip Chenoy: Independent CSR, Skill Development Professional, Past DG - SIAM, Past MD & CEO - NSDC
- Nikunj Sanghi: MD - JS Fourwheel Motors, Director - FADA, Past President - FADA
- Avik Chattopadhyay: Co-founder - Expereal, Past CEO - Saffron India, Past CMO - VW India, Apollo Tyres, Exxon Mobil, Maruti Suzuki
- Puneet Kapoor: Lean Engineering, Six Sigma Expert, Former Head at Maruti Suzuki
Anuj Guglani, Founder - World Auto Forum, said, "World Auto Forum has been connecting auto suppliers, auto makers and auto dealers in 125 countries for the last 7 years now. The best part of WAF Awards is the clearly laid out stringent selection process. The discussions during the jury rounds are engaging, insightful and simply a treat. In the last 4 years, WAF Awards winners have come to be known as WAF stars in the industry and get even more respect and honour wherever they go. Their award celebrates their platinum caliber and performance."
Stringent process followed to select the best auto maker CXOs
WAF Awards are the platinum standard of rewards and recognition in the Global Auto Industry and most scientific and relevant, powered by process and analytics. The methodology followed has been carefully devised to negate any bias towards a particular company or individual. It is called the Quadruple Elimination Process:
- Advisory council comprising cross-functional CXOs from auto makers to endorse and finalize the selection parameters and their weightages
- The research team from IIT Delhi, develops in-depth reports on every auto manufacturer and their functional performance and achievements
- An eminent jury panel comprising senior members of the corporate world, Government or Semi Government institutions and successful entrepreneurs, is set up who evaluate the top performers through multiple sessions. This year, the jury invested 8 hours across two jury rounds and 72 communications on email. This year, the jury panel consisted of more than 130 years of cumulative experience.
- Finally the selected winners are made to go through a reference check process before the announcement of results.
- Dilip Chenoy said, "It is an honour to be on the WAF Awards jury panel for the second year. It is a great experience."
- Puneet Kapoor said, "It feels so special to recognize the best talent of the industry through WAF Awards."
- Avik Chattopadhyay said, "The jury discussions were intense and full of new learnings. Initiatives like these are important to recognize the best of the best in the industry."
- Nikunj Sanghi said, "I have been in the auto retail business for the last several decades, it was great to be part of this interesting selection process of WAF Awards for the Auto Maker CXOs."
- Dr. Akhil Prasad said, "It's always a pleasure associating with World Auto Forum for such innovative and important initiatives."
- Tanuj Pugalia, MD & CEO, Gallops Motors & Managing Trustee Gallops Foundation said, "It's a privilege to be associated with WAF as it recognizes the hard work of the best talent in the industry."
- Prasanta Kumar Sahu, CEO IPG Tech Legal said, "We are proud to associate with World Auto Forum for this special and unique recognition of the best Auto Maker CXOs."
Sponsors for the 2016 WAF Awards for India Auto Maker CXOs include:
Gallops Motors - Class-leading multi-brand auto retail chain of India. Visit https://goo.gl/oF5pBd
IPG Tech Legal - India's leading legal compliances company with legal research and technology expertise. Visit http://www.ipgtechlegal.in/
Jan Oorja - Producing Bio CNG from waste & solar energy from car roofs for a greener and healthier earth. Visit http://Janoorja.org
2016 World Auto Forum (WAF) Awards Winners
The award is given on the name of the Function Head or CXO if she/he held the office all throughout FY2015-16; else it's given on the name of the organization and winning function.
Passenger Vehicle Maker Category - Total 8 Winners
- Best MD: Kenichi Ayukawa - Maruti Suzuki India
- Best Purchase Head: D K Sethi - Maruti Suzuki India
- Best Production Function - Hyundai Motor India
- Best Marketing & Sales Head: Rakesh Srivastava - Hyundai Motor India
- Best After Sales Head: Pankaj Narula - Maruti Suzuki India
- Best Innovation: SHVS Technology - Maruti Suzuki India
Passenger Vehicle Maker Luxury Category
- Best Corner Office - Mercedes Benz India
- Best Marketing & Sales Function - Mercedes Benz India
Two Wheeler Maker Category - Total 10 Winners
- Best CEO: K N Radhakrishnan - TVS Motor Co.
- Best Purchase Head: Neeraj Mathur - Hero MotoCorp
- Best Production Head: Baskaran Jayaraman - TVS Motor Co.
- Best Marketing & Sales Function - Royal Enfield
- Best After Sales Head: Rajendra Bhat - TVS Motor Co.
- Best Innovation: Honda Navi - Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India
Two Wheeler Maker Luxury Category
- Best Corner Office - Harley Davidson India
- Best Marketing & Sales Head: Shoeb Farooq - Triumph Motorcycles India
- Best After Sales Head (In Tie): Sunil Sharma - Triumph Motorcycles India
- Best After Sales Function (In Tie) - Harley Davidson India
Medium & Heavy (CV) Makers - Total 5 Winners
- Best CEO: Vinod Aggarwal - Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles (VECV)
- Best After Sales Head: Sanjeev Garg - Tata Motors Commercial Vehicle Business Unit (CVBU)
- Best Purchase Head: Pradeep Mishra - VECV
- Best Marketing & Sales Function - VECV
- Best Innovation: T1 Racer Program (TRP) & Super Class with Indian Drivers; Tata T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship Season 3 - Tata Motors Limited CVBU
The results of Most Popular Global & India Auto MD/CEO shall be announced this week. Voting lines are open till Thursday, Oct 27, 2016 18:00 hours IST. Visit https://goo.gl/pp5URi
For further information, please feel free to contact:
Monica Ray: [email protected]
Anuj Guglani: [email protected]
World Auto Forum - Connects Auto Vendors, Auto Makers & Auto Dealers in 125 countries
D-1/25 Ground Floor Vasant Vihar
Near Kenya High Commission
Ph: +91-11-49057413, +91-9810552425
2232, South Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
About World Auto Forum (WAF):
World Auto Forum (WAF) connects Auto Vendors, Auto OEM's and Auto Dealers in 125 countries. It felicitates meeting of minds, meeting of people across borders for innovation, business, skill development and a clean environment
World Auto Forum Awards are based on the stringent and transparent Quadruple Elimination Process making them one of the toughest awards to be won across the world.
To learn more, visit http://worldautoforum.com/awards/
World auto forum official FB page: https://www.facebook.com/worldautoforum/
CEO, World Auto Forum
SOURCE World Auto Forum (WAF)