- 8th phase of ground-breaking for 22 industrial units with investments over Rs. 6,100Cr
- Inaugurates five industrial projects with an investment of over Rs. 2,789Cr
BHUBANESHWAR, India, Dec. 4, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Honourable Chief Minister, Shri. Naveen Patnaik announced the countdown to 'Make in Odisha 2020' and launched the 8th phase of ground-breaking industrial projects as Odisha continues with its unprecedented industrial development.
Shri. Naveen Patnaik also showcased the new website of Odisha Film Development Corporation (OFDC) followed by the unveiling of countdown to the 3rd Make in Odisha Conclave in 2020, the state's flagship biennial global investors' meet.
During the last edition of Make in Odisha, the state received an overall investment intent of Rs. 4,19,574 crore across 15 sectors and saw participation of more than 5,000 industry captains, with delegates from across the country and abroad, and experienced a footfall of up to 31,000 delegates.
Shri. Patnaik said, "Odisha has a vision of becoming one of the top three investment destinations in the country and towards achieving this, we have devised the '5T' strategy in which Transformation goals identified will be achieved through Teamwork, Transparency and Technology enablers in a Time-bound manner. One year from today, we will host the Make in Odisha Conclave 2020 and I invite all stakeholders to join hands to make it the greatest investment summit ever organised by any State in the country."
Captain Shri. Dibya Shankar Mishra, Minister of Energy, Industries, Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Government of Odisha said: "The response has been overwhelming since the last Make in Odisha conclave, which has not just helped in propelling the industrial development further but has also provided a platform for the stakeholders to engage with the State Government, to deliberate on the next phase of overall socio-economic growth of the state. Next year, we will aim to attract even more investment."
The five companies that are being inaugurated today include:
- Omjay EV: Bharat motors is setting up its electric vehicle assembly plant at Jajpur. This is a first of its kind of e-vehicle project in the state with latest technology. The unit is setup with an investment of 52.41 with an employment potential of 122 persons.
- OCL India Ltd, one of the oldest companies of Odisha, is coming up with an additional investment of 1,994.98 cr at Rajgangpur providing employment to 365 persons.
- Shree Cement Ltd, a reputed cement manufacturing company, is setting up a 3 MTPA Cement grinding unit with an investment of Rs.452.55 Crore and will provide employment opportunity to 243 persons.
- Pro-minerals, now part of Essel Mining, is now expanding its activity from mining to pellet production and cutting down the mining pollution load, with an investment of Rs.283.97 Crore at Basantpur, Keonjhar and will provide employment opportunity to 192 persons.
- Suraj Products is diversifying its business from sponge iron to steel making. The plant at Rajgangpur has been setup with an investment of Rs.50.25 Crore and will provide employment opportunity to 196 persons
Besides the above, the event today witnessed a Ground breaking ceremony of 22 industrial units across various sectors with investments over Rs. 6,100Cr at the hands of Hon'ble Chief Minister.
"I am confident that with our single window system, Go-Swift and the revamped policy ecosystem with our investment opportunities showcased, the state will emerge as the most preferred investment destinations in the country," added Shri Patnaik.
The Make in Odisha Conclave promises to further the vision of the state to broad base the industrial growth with investment proposals in several sectors including chemical and fertilisers, petrochemical, food processing, healthcare, tourism, renewable energy and electronics.
Located on the east coast of India, Odisha has a coastline of 480 kms along the Bay of Bengal. The modern State of Odisha was formed on 1 April, 1936 but its history dates to the era of Kalinga mentioned in the Mahabharata. Over the years, the state has maintained a unique cultural identity distinct from all of its neighbouring States.
Traditionally, the State has been known for its mineral and mining strength. Since the turn of the millennium, the focus of the State has shifted to manufacturing and services industrial growth. The State Government has also taken several unique initiatives to ensure that a hassle-free and conducive business environment is provided to the investors setting up units in the State. This website is a one-stop location for all such information.
Industrial Promotion and Investment Corporation of Odisha (IPICOL) is the single-point of contact for all industrial investments in the State. IPICOL is responsible for devising the investment promotion, facilitation and aftercare strategy for the State of Odisha. IPICOL, as the investment promotion agency of the State of Odisha undertakes all activities to promote Odisha as the investment destination of choice
For media enquiries, please contact:
Media Contact :
Concept Public Relations