GURGAON, India, September 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
The New Age Job Portal was Acknowledged for its Path-breaking Innovation in Recruitment Using Technology, Data Analytics and Digital Marketing
It is quite clear that the future of work is changing rapidly. Equally evident is the potential of growth in the recruitment business based on demographics of countries like India. More than 1 million people join the working age-group every month in India. Small wonder then, that as per estimates collated from studies by EY, UBS, Tracxn and others, the total revenue pool across all aspects of recruitment is likely to grow to US$ 4 billion by 2020 and US$ 12 billion by 2030. Within this, areas such as skill assessment, sourcing and pre-screening are growing rapidly, as is classified or advertisement revenue for hiring related businesses.
Many new-age companies are hoping to target this segment. MeraJob is one of them and it focuses on pre-screening of candidates to provide better and more efficient hiring outcomes for employers who are recruiting staff in lower-wage, entry-level and front-end roles. The recently held TechHR'15 Spotlight Awards organized by People Matters, showcased how HR is embracing technology. MeraJob's portal, which offers pre-screened candidates, was shortlisted as one of the three finalists for 'Futurism in Technology'.
The Spotlight Awards 2015 was aimed at felicitating new age companies that have created path-breaking innovations in the HR technology and are at the forefront of changing the way HR is gearing up for the challenges of an increasingly 'mobile' enabled and digital world.
More than 90 companies were in contention for the award. A jury comprising Sanjeev Prasad, CIO, Genpact; Maninder Gulati, Principal, Lightspeed Ventures; Manish Sabharwal, Co-founder, TeamLease; and other prominent business leaders selected the shortlisted companies.
A job portal for the mobile world
MeraJob's founders - Pallav Sinha and Raman Thiagarajan - realized that increasingly job portals were becoming victims of their own success. The number of applications for jobs (especially entry level ones) is often so large that it actually impedes the process of recruitment. Borrowing from consumer financial services industry, they envisaged creating a "credit bureau" of job seekers, where profiles are always updated. Through a technology enabled scalable pre-screening process, MeraJob.in promises to provide profiles of candidates who are highly relevant for the job. Hence employers subscribe and pay for only SmartProfiles, which are relevant. In other words, versus a regular job portal where from 100 CVs perhaps only 30 are 'fit' and 'interested', leading to 10 walk-ins and 3-4 joining; with MeraJob, employers pay only for the 30-35 relevant candidates and end-up hiring 7-8.
Through both online and recruitment centre based processes, which operate on a proprietary CRM system, MeraJob offers some unique solutions leveraging trends of mobile phone penetration and social media adoption within its target segment:
- Combines data for predictive matching and human judgment though its recruiters
- An "Interview Now" option which allows job seekers to pre-screen themselves and apply immediately for jobs
- A multi-channel sourcing process using integrated social media, missed call platform, inbound recruitment centre, through which each contact is used to update and validate information in SmartProfiles.
- Unique employer access which offers an application tracking system where employers can see and move candidates across various stages of the recruitment funnel (e.g. screened and not interested; screened and not fit; fit and interested).
- Integration of features such as member referrals, video interviews, interview tickets and learning tools.
Girish Phansalkar, Co-founder who is the CIO and Head Products, says, "The open-architecture technology platform allows integrating of third-party products offerings, and next generation tools that ultimately give a jobseeker much more beyond jobs." This allows MeraJob to collaborate with all players in the recruitment, skill development and employment eco-system.
Says Raman Thiagarajan, "Candidates love our 'Interview Now' feature that combines seamlessly with the online access. Employers on the other hand love our empowering online dashboard and Application tracking."
Adds Pallav Sinha, "We are excited by the prospect of making a difference to the lives of deserving job seekers, who were earlier unable to signal their presence to employers due to remote location or lack of a CV."
About MeraJob.in - India's 1st job matching portal
MeraJob claims to be India's No. 1 pre-screening solution for recruiters. Its solution helps employers to hire faster, at lower cost, while achieving better quality sourcing and positive impact on the employer brand. Hence its tagline of "Hire in 1/2 the time, at 1/2 the cost."
MeraJob's idea is to move beyond the classifieds approach of recruitment offered by current job portals with unique features like -
- SmartProfile™ - A MeraJob.in proprietary, a SmartProfile is a CV++ which provides a unique visual representation of a candidate's profile, capturing details not available in a regular CV. For e.g. skills, location, intent and industry preference.
- Pre-screening of candidates against job-opportunities - Which ensures that profiles are richer and constantly updated, thereby allowing for better matches. Each incidence of pre-screening is accretive as it helps capture more granular details of the candidates' skills, preferences and experience.
- Value-added services for better hiring and better lives - A whole range of value-added services for both employers and candidates, e.g.
- Interview set-up for purchased SmartProfiles
- Skill assessment tools
- Job tips and assistance to help deserving candidates find better jobs
With close to 500,000 SmartProfiles and close to 1,000 employers registered on MeraJob.in, the portal is already witnessing a much higher level of engagement of candidates as evidenced by growing traffic on its portal. MeraJob is essentially focusing on creating a more efficient marketplace with high engagement and deep knowledge about its users - both job seekers and employers.
Content & Candidate Engagement Manager,
MeraJob India Pvt Ltd
SOURCE MeraJob India Pvt Ltd