MUMBAI, January 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
Millions of social media followers witnessed a highly innovative virtual launch event for The Festival of Bharat, a venture of Citti Media, a one-of-a-kind festival which will provide a one-stop experiential window into the best of India over a span of four days, by Neemrana's Fort-Palace Tijara, Rajasthan, from 1st-4th March, 2018.
India lovers, including prominent gurus, archaryas, indologists, scholars, politicians and civil servants, will be addressing the audience at the event, who have simultaneously turned to social media to collectively launch The Festival of Bharat and share their excitement and support for the event.
Their combined followers are estimated to be over 10 million between Twitter and Facebook, including the official profile of the Prime Minister of India. Popular Indophiles, scholars and public figures, including Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Dr. Subramanian Swamy, Rajiv Malhotra and Sanjeev Sanyal took part in the virtual launch for the 4-day festival, which features live music, book launches and celebrity talks, an organic Holi party, a yoga retreat led by The Art of Living, and an organic food festival.
Exclusive quotes of participants and well-wishers of The Festival of Bharat:
- Sanjeev Sanyal, Principal Economic Advisor to the Government of India, former Deutsche Bank MD & Rhodes Scholar said, "I look forward to participating in a festival that highlights the rich cultural and intellectual heritage of our civilisation."
- Shefali Vaidya, Writer, Satirist & Political Commentator said, "Happy and honoured to be a part of the Festival of Bharat, celebrating the land where life itself is a festival!"
- Rajiv Malhotra, internationally acclaimed Indologist, writer, and social investor expressed, "The Festival of Bharat promises to be an important forum speaking to the 'middle' 50% of Indians, those who are not die-hard leftists or rightists. These are the open-minded ones for whom the festival will be very attractive."
- Sinu Joseph, menstrual hygiene education pioneer said,"The deepest scientific knowledge of this land has been preserved and kept alive by rural women through the cultural practices around menstruation, unbeknownst even to herself. The Festival of Bharat will be an opportunity to throw open this knowledge to the world, and to acknowledge the silent keepers of Bharat's science and sense."
- Karolina Goswami, Founder & Editor-in-Chief of 'India in Details' & social media star said, "Thank you for coming up with this platform, through which global citizens can be educated about the essence of Bharat."
- On behalf of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Indian spiritual leader and the founder of Art of living foundation: "Gurudev sends his warmest wishes and blessings for the launch of The Festival of Bharat, which is a wonderful and very welcome endeavor."
- Dr. Subramanian Swamy, Rajya Sabha MP, former Cabinet Minister & prominent political reformer: "Dr. Swamy conveys his blessings and support for the launch of The Festival of Bharat, a long-overdue event for a re-emerging India."
Supported by The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, The Government of Rajasthan, The Indian Debating Union, and The Art of Living, The Festival of Bharat has been painstakingly curated as a 21st century tribute to the majesty and depth of India's unique history and culture. The festival allows visitors from India and abroad to experience the finest live Indian music, debate & celebrity talks, yoga & meditation, healthy, home-cooked food - as well as an organic Holi party, all rolled into one large event.
The Festival of Bharat is slated to attract thousands of upwardly mobile visitors during the event from 1st-4th March, 2018, and reach millions of content viewers after the event. It is seen as a must-attend event for India lovers.
About the Festival of Bharat:
Citti Media’s brainchild – ‘Festival of Bharat’ – a one-of-its-kind, is a four day festival from 1st-4th March, 2018 , that celebrates the essence of Bharat.
Backed by Ministry of Tourism’s Incredible India campaign and supported by The Art of Living, Festival of Bharat expects more than 10,000 people, creating a giant human family – consisting of HNI’s, global travellers, public figures, CXOs and academics .
The first edition of the four-day comprehensive getaway will take place by Fort-Palace Tijara, Rajasthan and will consist of Live music festival, Literary Fest-tye Talks & Debates, Yoga Retreat, Organic Holi Party and Organic Food Fest all rolled into one 4-day event.
Senior Consulting Associate
Genesis Burson- Marsteller
SOURCE Citti Media