Concha y Toro is "World's Most Admired Wine Brand" for the Second Consecutive Year
30 Apr, 2012, 03:07 ET
SANTIAGO, Chile, April 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Concha y Toro is again the "World's Most Admired Wine Brand", according to a survey made by the prestigious British magazine Drinks International. In anonymous voting in which over 60 experts from the global wine community took part, Concha y Toro obtained the largest number of nominations as the most admired wine brand, beating long-established brands like Torres, Antinori, Penfolds, Jacob's Creek, Kendall Jackson, Vega Sicilia and Chateau Margaux, to mention a few.
"To receive this important recognition for the second consecutive year is tangible evidence of the great image perception that our company and brand has forged in the wine industry at a local and international level. This nomination fills us with pride and reaffirms our commitment to provide millions of consumers with high-quality wines that reflect the diversity and typicity that Chile offers as a world-class producer", said Eduardo Guilisasti, CEO of Vina Concha y Toro.
The editor of Drinks International magazine, Graham Holter, said that "the results provide a fascinating perception of how the wine industry sees to its principal players. The list includes brands that can be found both in Shanghai and in the stores of Minnesota, including multiple intermediary points. We congratulate all the brands that managed to position themselves in this unique ranking and project".
The nomination will be communicated in the edition of the magazine to be distributed next week, in the supplement "50 most admired brands 2012".
The group of influential persons that comprised the jury was asked to vote on the most admired wine brands, with which they had no associations, on the basis of criteria including:
- Constant improvement in quality of the wine
- Reflects its region or country of origin
- Responds to the needs and tastes of its objective public
- Successful distribution and packaging
- The wine is very attractive to a widely-spread demographic group
- The list of the TOP TEN most admired wine brands is:
- Concha y Toro
- Jacob's Creek
- Kendall Jackson
- Michel Chapoutier
- Vega Sicilia
- Chateau Margaux
- Drinks International is a publication that was established in 1969. Drinks International is the only magazine dedicated exclusively to international wines, liquors and beers. It provides useful information to its readers on news about recent project developments and global drinks industry trends, editorial comment, market reports, and analysis and opinion columns.
Press contact: Isabel Alvarez B.
SOURCE Vina Concha y Toro
Share this article