BOSTON, June 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Smart Destinations, the leading provider of multi-attraction passes to more than 400 of the nation's top sightseeing attractions, today announced its "Sizzlin' Summer Savings" Sale on its Go City Cards and Explorer Passes – just in time for the 4th of July.
"The 4th of July holiday is a major sightseeing holiday in the U.S., particularly in cities like Chicago, Boston and New York," said Cecilia Dahl, Founder and President of Smart Destinations. "These extra savings in our top destinations give travellers more convenience and more affordable admission to all the great attractions they want to see."
Smart Destinations is transforming the tourist attraction marketplace across the U.S. by packaging top attractions at discounts far below their everyday prices. Available in in 1, 2, 3, 5 and 7-day increments, Go City Cards are perfect for sightseers who want to do it all, offering unlimited admission to a city's top attractions for one low price.
Starting today for a limited time all 3, 5 and 7-day Go City Cards and 5, 7 and 10-attraction Explorer Passes will be on sale at an additional 10% discount beyond the up to 55% discount the cards already provide at top museums, tours, theme parks, boat cruises and more. In addition, Smart Destinations' Facebook fans can get a 12% discount code and be entered to win four cards at www.Facebook.com/SmartDestinations.
More than one million travellers already have used Go City Cards and Explorer Passes, getting free entry to top attractions in travel destinations across the United States, along with a free guidebook and special discounts on dining and services. For example:
- New York includes savings on attractions such as Museum of Modern Art, Madame Tussauds, Top of the Rock Observation Deck, and Empire State Building Observatory
- Los Angeles includes savings on attractions such as Universal Studios, Knott's Berry Farm, and Warner Bros. Studio VIP Tour
- Chicago includes savings on attractions such as Shedd Aquarium, SkyDeck Chicago – Willis Tower and Adler Planetarium
- San Diego includes savings on attractions such as San Diego Zoo, LEGOLAND, and Sea World San Diego
- Boston includes savings on attractions such as Fenway Park Tour, Museum of Science, and Duck Tour
- Miami includes savings on attractions such as Miami Seaquarium, Jungle Island and Island Queen Millionaire's Row Cruise
- Oahu includes savings on attractions such as Dole Plantation: The Maze, Polynesian Cultural Center, Kayaking in Hawaii and Grand Circle Island Tour
- Orlando includes savings on attractions such as Kennedy Space Center, Gatorland, and Wet 'n Wild
- San Francisco includes savings on attractions such as Golden Gate Bay Cruise, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Historic Cable Car Ticket, and California Academy of Sciences.
Go City Cards are perfect for sightseers who want to do it all, offering unlimited admission to a city's top attractions for one low price. The passes don't only include huge savings; they also include valuable perks that will appeal to travelers of all kinds, including:
- Skip the line – No more waiting for long periods in the summer heat, especially great for families with small children. Maximize your vacation time and go straight to the front of the line at select attractions!
- Even more savings – Bonus discounts at local restaurants and shops.
- Convenience – No more juggling multiple attraction tickets. With Go City Cards and Explorer Passes, there's just one ticket for admission to everywhere you want to go!
- Planning made easy – Planning is simple thanks to the free guidebooks that come with the cards. Also, make use of the full list of attractions in each city, available on the Smart Destinations website, with links to all the information a traveler might need about each attraction.
- Attractions to please everyone – Each destination offers admission to dozens of attractions that are ideal for group outings, family trips or romantic getaways!
With a New York Explorer Pass, travelers pick the number of attractions they'll visit in advance but can pick the specific attractions they wish to attend during any part of their trip. All passes are good for one year after purchase, making it easy to take advantage of the sale without set travel plans.
In addition to its all-inclusive Go City Card, Smart Destinations also offers the Go Select Pass, which lets travelers choose the attractions of their choice to build a customized pass good for up to 30 days from the time it's redeemed at the first attraction. With Go Select, the more attractions you add, the more the savings add up.
To receive Summer Sale discounts, Go City Cards and Explorer Passes must be purchased online or on the phone from Smart Destinations at www.smartdestinations.com. Purchasers have up to one year to activate their cards or passes; activation occurs when they visit their first attraction (once activated, effective usage dates for cards and passes vary by destination).
To purchase a pass, or for more information, visit www.smartdestinations.com.
About Smart Destinations
Smart Destinations provides the only multi-attraction passes that maximize the fun, savings and convenience of sightseeing with flexible purchase options for every type of traveler. Available online and at walk-up retail outlets, Smart Destinations passes, including Go City Cards, Go Explorer and Go Select, provide admission to more than 400 attractions across nine North American destinations, including New York, Orlando, San Diego, Chicago, San Francisco, Miami, Oahu, and Boston. All passes come with valuable extras, including the ability to skip the line at select attractions and comprehensive city guides that offer insider tips and bonus discounts on shopping and dining. Smart Destinations passes leverage the company's patented technology and the industry's largest network of attraction partners to save consumers up to 55% compared to purchasing individual tickets. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA. For more information, visit www.smartdestinations.com.
SOURCE Smart Destinations