NEW YORK, March 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The first official James Bond exhibition in New York will open on March 8th, 2019 at SPYSCAPE in Midtown Manhattan. ' 007 x SPYSCAPE: DRIVEN' will allow fans to discover the world of 007 from a new perspective through a multi-sensory experience that explores the creative process behind the 007 movies, while revealing the secrets of James Bond's iconic Aston Martin DB5.
Take a closer look at gadgets in Q's lab, view original concept art in Oscar®-winning Production Designer Sir Ken Adam's studio and peek behind the scenes of Skyfall's explosive finale. This brand new exhibition offers a one-of-a-kind experience:
- Arrival Tunnel - Uses light and music to draw you into the world of 007.
- Immersion Room - Inspired by the title sequence of Goldfinger (1964), designed by Robert Brownjohn, this rich immersive space uses an evocative soundscape and sophisticated projection mapping onto a sculptural installation to transport you into a dreamlike Bond environment.
- Q Briefing - Introducing the Aston Martin DB5 as first seen on screen.
- Q Workshop - Step inside a contemporary evocation of Q's workshop and come face to face with Bond's Aston Martin DB5. The beloved silver birch beauty takes centerstage amidst a workshop filled with plans, designs and celebrated gadgets from Q and his team.
- Ken Adam Studio - A studio for the legendary Sir Ken Adam, the Oscar®-winning Production Designer responsible for some of the most memorable 007 sets, vehicles and gadgets, features original sketches. You will see drawings come to life and hear Sir Ken tell the story of his creative career in his own words.
- Production Studio - Go behind the scenes of the explosive moment in Skyfall when the malevolent Silva (Javier Bardem) orders his helicopter gunship to destroy first Bond's DB5 and then his ancestral home. Walking into the studio you'll see a 1/3 scale model of Skyfall Lodge and the actual 1/3 scale burned out car from the film. Key members of the production team explain the thinking behind the destruction of the Lodge and the DB5.
- Screening Room - a unique new compilation of memorable Bond moments with his beloved DB5.
- Exit Tunnel - A specially commissioned soundscape, featuring the main Bond theme, leads you from the immersive exhibition to exit through the gift shop!
Tickets available at spyscape.com/007. Adult: $23 Child: $18.
'007 x SPYSCAPE: DRIVEN' was created by SPYSCAPE in partnership with EON Productions and Metro Goldwyn Mayer Studios (MGM).
The main SPYSCAPE exhibition and experience will stay open every day for would be secret agents to discover their own Spy Role and receive their own personalized spy profile developed by top psychologists and a former Head of Training for British Intelligence.
LOGOS & IMAGES FOLDER (PHOTO CREDIT: Scott Frances for SPYSCAPE)
Legal Line: TM Danjaq. All Rights Reserved.
SPYSCAPE is a unique museum and experience that uses spy stories and spy skills to help you see the world and your own potential more clearly. Visitors discover their inner spy using a system developed by a former Head of Training at British Intelligence, and learn how their spy skills can help them every day. Visitors engage in real spy challenges, including lie-detection in interrogation booths, observation in a 360 degree surveillance zone and strategy and agility in special ops laser tunnels. GALLERY IMAGE LIBRARY FOLDER (PHOTO CREDIT: Scott Frances for SPYSCAPE)
SPYSCAPE is located at 928 8th Avenue, New York, NY 10019. SPYSCAPE is open Monday-Friday from 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM, and weekends from 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM. For more information, visit spyscape.com and follow @spyscape on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
For press inquiries: The Door, [email protected]
ABOUT EON PRODUCTIONS
EON Productions Limited and Danjaq LLC are wholly owned and controlled by the Wilson/Broccoli family. Danjaq is the US based company that co-owns, with Metro Goldwyn Mayer Studios, the copyright in the existing James Bond films and controls the right to produce future James Bond films. EON Productions, an affiliate of Danjaq, is the UK based production company that makes the James Bond films and together with Danjaq controls all worldwide merchandising. The 007 franchise has produced twenty-four films since 1962. The 25th James Bond film is currently in pre-production.
PRESS CONTACT – EON Productions
+44 20 7493 7953
ABOUT METRO GOLDWYN MAYER
Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM) is a leading entertainment company focused on the production and global distribution of film and television content across all platforms. The company owns one of the world's deepest libraries of premium film and television content as well as the premium pay television network EPIX, which is available throughout the U.S. via cable, satellite, telco and digital distributors. In addition, MGM has investments in numerous other television channels, digital platforms and interactive ventures and is producing premium short-form content for distribution.
PRESS CONTACT – MGM