MILAN, May 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- PLAT.ONE (www.plat.one), the leading Enterprise Internet of Things (IoT) solution platform, announces the results of their European IoT Industry Survey from the M2M Forum in Milan.
PLAT.ONE conducted an Internet of Things Industry survey in Europe in Q2 2016 to learn about the challenges IT and business professionals are facing with their IoT projects. Key areas of investigation included IT infrastructure, technology requirements, business challenges and state of deployment.
Dr. John Bates, CEO of PLAT.ONE said, "We are fascinated to see that Connectivity and Protocols came out as the top technical challenge. This comes up with customers when choosing an IoT platform. The concern is here is around future proofing and support to interoperate across the myriad of legacy, new and unknown machine protocols. Being able to ingest, combine and correlate data from any device that comes along is critical. This is not something that traditional integration vendors know how to do and requires a completely new approach for the IoT era."
Key Findings Include:
- "Connectivity and Protocols" are the #1 technical challenge in planning and deploying IoT projects, followed by "Analysis of IoT data"
- Over half of all IoT projects in planning are in just two sectors, Connected Products and Transport/Logistics
- 72% claim to have IoT projects in the planning stage, but only 9% have funded IoT projects
- The biggest business challenge in planning and deploying IoT projects is "Proving ROI" followed by "Convincing key internal stakeholders that this is the right time"
For additional findings please see: www.plat.one/surveys/ioteuro2016
PLAT.ONE is exhibiting and also speaking at the M2M Forum (http://www.m2mforum.com/indice-2016/), which runs May 11-12, 2016 in Milan. At the event, PLAT.ONE is featuring an IoT use case for a mobile Personal Emergency Response system with partners ABO Data, "Fabbrica d'Armi Pietro Beretta" and "Croce Bianca di Brescia" (White Cross - Italian emergency services). The special focus of the use case is on elderly people living alone, enabling them to ask for help, and if needed, to be rescued in case of a sudden health problem. For more information visit our booth at the event or visit www.plat.one/mpersone.
PLAT.ONE is the leading enterprise-grade IoT solutions platform. By simplifying the process of creating, deploying and managing complex IoT solutions, PLAT.ONE radically shortens time-to-value for IoT applications and significantly reduces the cost of their management. Specifically, PLAT.ONE enables:
- Complex device connectivity and management across a wide number of industry standard machine and messaging protocols.
- A micro-services-based adaptive architecture that can adapt to run logic on the device, at the edge or in the cloud, depending on the solution requirements.
- A semantic data model that future-proofs applications by abstracting sets of underlying sensors and devices as "IoT business objects", such as trucks or street lamps.
- Pre-built Solution Accelerators for a number of different IoT use cases, including smart cities, connected products and smart transportation.
PLAT.ONE customers include BT, T-Systems and Telecom Italia and Partners such as Cisco.
+1 415 997 6200