SHELTON, Conn., May 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Nearly a third of American millennial women believe that having a clean, close shave makes them feel more beautiful and optimistic about handling the day ahead – even more than bold, new make up or teeth whitening for a brighter smile. That's one key takeaway from a new survey of millennial women that examined the emotional connection between women and their razors. The survey was conducted by BIC® Soleil, a trusted line of women's razors that provide a flawlessly smooth shave.
Survey results show that millennial women in America feel optimistic, try to look on the bright side of situations, and feel positive about their future:
- Of the 1,000 millennial women surveyed, 82.8 percent strongly agree that they try to look on the bright side of things.
- Nearly 2 in 3 women (63 percent) agree that they tend to see the glass half full and 80.5 percent feel positive about their future.
- Of the women surveyed, nearly half (47.8 percent) strongly agree that they enjoy being around optimistic people and 48.5 percent strongly agree that the world could use more optimistic people.
Shaving, the survey found, is more than a part of their regular routine – the simple act can make women feel more confident, sexy and optimistic:
- Nearly 1 in 2 millennial women surveyed said they felt more confident (47.8 percent) and sexy (43.5 percent) after shaving their legs, while 1 in 3 women noted that it made them feel more beautiful (33.1 percent) and happy (31.2 percent).
- 31.7 percent of women noted that having a clean, close shave makes them feel most optimistic about the day ahead.
"For many of these women, shaving isn't just another beauty ritual; it's an opportunity to feel confident and optimistic about the day ahead and to live life on the bright side," said Mary-Ellen Lacasse, Director-Shaver Marketing, BIC Consumer Products USA. "We created our new BIC® Soleil Shine™ Razor to capture the essence of millennial women everywhere and to make their shaving experience as smooth, convenient and effortless as possible."
Convenience and performance were also identified by survey respondents as key factors when choosing a razor, unveiling the impact that razors have on millennial women everyday:
- Millennial women don't want to be inconvenienced by their razors as 82.8 percent would rather use a disposable razor than experience the hassle of replacing the blades or cartridges of a system razor.
- Nearly 1 in 2 women (44.3 percent) admitted that they would switch razor brands based on important features such as a closer shave.
"Women who stand in the shaving aisle for long periods at a time aren't picking just any razor, they're making an informed decision to choose a razor that's affordable, performs well and will allow them to confidently take on the day," Lacasse added.
BIC Soleil Shine is the first Soleil razor to offer five flexible blades to ensure a smooth, ultra-close shave. The razor's pivoting head and rubber grip gives users more control and a Soothing Moisture Strip™ enriched with aloe and cocoa butter provides ultimate comfort.
For more information on the BIC Soleil Real Life Optimism survey, please contact Carly Gerstman at email@example.com.
The BIC Soleil Real Life Optimism survey was conducted by Lab42 in March 2016 amongst 1,000 nationally representative U.S. millennial women (ages 18-34) who regularly use disposable or system razors for personal grooming.
BIC Consumer Products USA (www.bicworldusa.com) is a leading manufacturer of stationery products, lighters and shavers. BIC men's and women's razor portfolios offer innovative solutions that provide an ultra-smooth shaving experience and honor BIC's commitment to providing high-quality, affordable products to consumers everywhere for more than 50 years. Through this unwavering dedication, BIC has become one of the most recognized brands in the world today, delivering "More for your Money…Always!" For more information, visit www.bicworldusa.com.
SOURCE BIC Soleil