LOS ANGELES, April 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The latest GOBankingRates survey asked over 1,000 U.S. citizens: "Which of the following would you do to get out of paying your taxes?"
For full details on the survey results, visit: https://www.gobankingrates.com/personal-finance/unbelievable-things-americans-would-out-paying-taxes/
The respondents could select from the following answer choices. The percentages below reflect the frequency that each option was chosen.
- Perform 5 karaoke songs for your company — 32%
- Go without WiFi for 1 year — 18%
- Have your credit score reduced by 50 points — 16%
- Gain 20 pounds — 13%
- Have your web browsing history made public — 11%
- Be stuck with skunk stench for 6 months — 5%
- Give up half of your retirement savings — 5%
- Perhaps surprisingly, young millennials are the age group that would be most willing to gain 20 pounds to avoid paying taxes
- Those aged 35-44 are over 3 times more likely than those aged 25-34 to give up half of their retirement savings in exchange for not paying their taxes
- Only 13% of those living in the Northeast region of the country would be willing to have their credit score lowered by 50 points, compared to 21% living in the South
GOBankingRates.com is a personal finance news and features website dedicated to helping visitors live a richer life. From tips on saving money, to investing for retirement or finding a good interest rate, GOBankingRates helps turn financial goals into milestones and money dreams into realities. Its content is regularly featured on top-tier media outlets including MSN, MONEY, AOL Finance, CBS MoneyWatch, Business Insider and dozens of others. GOBankingRates specializes in connecting consumers with the financial institutions and products that best match their needs. Start your journey toward a rich mind and full wallet with us here.
Ali Branch, Media Relations
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/1-in-3-americans-would-pull-this-embarrassing-stunt-to-get-out-of-paying-their-taxes-300432876.html