NEW YORK, Oct. 22 /PRNewswire/ -- There are at least ten compelling reasons to attend the OnScreen Media Summit 2010, presented by leading television brand publications, Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News, at the Marriott Marquis Hotel New York on Times Square, next Thursday, October 28, 2010.
- The focus is on identifying the challenges and opportunities of content creators and distributors in a multi-platform environment. The OnScreen Summit will concentrate on discussions about the most pressing issues in the cable, broadcast, satellite and Internet industries with the people who are driving the business.
- Reputation. Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News have developed a reputation for presenting some of the most compelling, valuable and professional events available to the TV industry. This event has earned its own reputation as a signature event for those in the business of television. It has attracted top level speakers and panelists and will draw 250-300 attendees from networks, broadcasters, pay TV providers, broadband, mobile, technology, financial investors, researchers, advertisers and agencies.
- Leslie Moonves, President and CEO, CBS Corporation. Mr. Moonves is the Opening Keynote Speaker in a Q&A interview with Melissa Grego, Executive Editor of Broadcasting & Cable. This is a unique opportunity to hear directly from one of the top leaders in the business about the challenges the television industry faces in 2011.
- Brian Williams, Anchor & Managing Editor, NBC Nightly News. This is a rare opportunity to hear directly and in-person from one of the most noted news anchors on television. He will participate in a conversation on the subject of Bringing News to Audiences Everywhere and will be interviewed by Ben Grossman, the Editor-in-Chief of Broadcasting & Cable during the Summit's luncheon.
- Irwin Gotlieb, CEO, GroupM. Discover how advertisers are embracing the opportunities presented by multi-screen distribution of content directly from the executive who advises America's top brand marketers. In this Keynote Q&A about The State of Advertising moderated by Jon Lafayette, Business Editor of Broadcasting & Cable, you'll find out about the forecast for media ad spend in 2011.
- Sam Howe, EVP and CMO, Time Warner Cable. The marketing chief of one of the largest pay TV companies in America shares the strategy and tactics behind their new brand campaign in a Keynote Q&A moderated by Mark Robichaux, Editor in Chief of Multichannel News on the subject of Branding & Positioning Strategies For A Dynamic Multi-Screen Environment.
- View From Wall Street. Jessica Reif Cohen is one of the most trusted and often quoted experts on financial investment in the changing world of TV media. She is the First VP and Managing Director of Merrill Lynch. In her Afternoon Keynote Q&A about The Financial State of the Business, Ms. Reif Cohen will share her insights for 2011.
- Executive Roundtable with Showtime, Disney/ESPN, Rainbow Media and NBC Universal. This morning panel of elite industry leaders will reveal the most significant challenges facing the TV business today and debate the best opportunities for new revenue growth from content distribution on multiple screens. Be sure to listen to Sean Bratches, EVP, Sales and Marketing, Disney and ESPN, Josh Sapan, President & CEO, Rainbow Media, Mathew Blank, Chairman and CEO, Showtime Networks, Inc. and, Lauren Zalaznick, President, Women & Lifestyle Entertainment Networks, NBC Universal.
- From the Technology Viewpoint: Rise of TV 2.0: The Tube Gets Personal. Come listen to a late morning session hosted by Todd Spangler, Technology Editor of Multichannel News, about television's evolution into an interactive, personalized hub for entertainment, information, advertising and, gateway to video and other services delivered over the Internet. This panel will discuss the implications of "TV 2.0" for providers, covering new user-interface concepts, interactive applications, social networking and, content-recommendation features, 3DTV, as well as new content-distribution models. Panelists include Shawn Strickland, VP Consumer Strategy & Planning, Verizon Telecom, Pragash Pillai, SVP, Engineering &Technology, Bresnan Communications, Don Dulchinos, SVP, Advertising and Interactive Services, CableLabs, Anthony Landamia, GM, Advanced Applications Business Unit, SeaChange International and, Alan Young, CTO, SES World Skies.
- Audience Measurement in the changing multi-screen marketplace. This panel of executives from ad agencies, audience measurement services and, ad sales rep firms will discuss the most recent resolutions for meeting measurement requirements in the changing multi-screen marketplace. Panelists include: Bill Livek, CEO, Rentrak Corp, Robert Ivins, VP, Data Development, Comcast Spotlight, Matt O'Grady, EVP, Media Audience Measurement, Nielsen and, Lyle Schwartz, Managing Partner, Implementation Research & Marketplace Analysis, GroupM.
Register today online at www.broadcastingcable.com/OnScreen2010 or email email@example.com or call Sandy Friedman at 917-281-4718. Individual registrations are $399. Half-price discount offers apply. Call to see if you qualify. On-site registration is also available. Checks and major credit cards are accepted.
SOURCE Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News