RYE, N.Y., Dec. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- What dining trends can we expect next year? Publications around the world are busy making their predictions – including Virtuoso Life, the luxury travel magazine, which thinks that local flavors, meal sharing and simplicity will be hot in 2018.
Travelers looking to indulge in these tasty trends can join one of Insight's many premium journeys to Europe, where local flavors, meal sharing and simplicity have long been part of each itinerary. For years Insight has been ahead of the curve when it comes to epicurean experiences; in fact, Insight was recently awarded "Best Travel Company for Foodies" in the TravelAge West WAVE Awards.
Insight's immersive dining experiences let guests discover countries and cultures through their taste buds: farmers and fishermen show guests how food is harvested then serve it up in Farm-to-Table meals; chefs demonstrate how a few simple ingredients can be turned into delicious masterpieces during hands-on cooking classes; and locals invite guests into their homes for home-cooked meals during Dine-at-Home evenings. In 2018 guests will also be able to share meals with local hosts and other travelers thanks to Insight's new partnership with VizEat, the global meal-sharing platform.
"Insight Vacations' delicious dining experiences are a true highlight of our journeys," said Phil Cappelli, president of Insight Vacations. "These authentic meals and excursions are specially curated so travelers not only enjoy a beautifully prepared dish, but also learn the culture and history behind it, and enjoy wonderful companionship the whole way through."
Here are 10 of Insight's many exceptional foodie offerings:
- Oyster Tasting in Croatia: During the 'Country Roads of Croatia' journey, travelers accompany Tomislav to his floating barges and watch him harvest oysters straight from the sea. They then sample the freshly shucked mollusks with a squeeze of lemon and a glass of crisp local wine.
- Innovative and Locally Sourced Dishes at Ireland's Iconic Ashford Castle: On the 'Irish Elegance' itinerary, travelers dine at the magnificent 800-year-old Ashford Castle where creative cooking and local ingredients reign supreme. An après-dinner walk around the stunning grounds provides the perfect end to the meal.
- "Dine-at-Home" Dinner in Sarajevo: On the 'Eastern Capitals and the Dalmatian Riviera' journey, guests are invited into a Sarajevan family's home for a Dine-at-Home dinner. They'll savor authentic Bosnian cuisine and hear inspirational stories about the beautiful city's resilient people, rich culture, and wonderful traditions.
- Pasta Making with Chef Lorenzo in Orvieto, Italy: At a restaurant in the medieval heart of Orvieto, guests on the 'European Dream' journey learn how to make fresh pasta by hand during a live cooking demonstration by Chef Lorenzo Polegri. His passion for Italian cuisine comes through as guests savor the delicious flavors he creates.
- Introduction to Greek Cooking in Olympia: While on the 'Treasures of Greece and the Islands' itinerary, guests join a local chef for an entertaining cooking demonstration, then savor regional Greek specialties in a fun-filled, flavorful dinner.
- The Art of Strudel-Making in Budapest: On the 'Easy Pace Budapest, Vienna and Prague' journey guests visit a traditional strudel house and see pastry chefs at work stretching the dough and readying the fillings, then enjoy a delectable taste of this famous delicacy paired with rich, aromatic coffee.
- Traditional Basque Pintxos in San Sebastián, Spain: On the ' Mediterranean Journey' guests wander through San Sebastián's Old Town, the hub of the town's social life, then enjoy some of the best pintxos in the region. This Basque gastronomic staple is similar to tapas and pairs well with the local Txakoli wine.
- Cornish Coast Experience in Britain: Guests visit a Cornish fishing village during the 'Best of Britain' journey and enjoy a Farm-to-Table Celebration Dinner at the edge of Dartmoor National Park that includes fresh, locally sourced seafood.
- Paella Demonstration in Valencia, Spain: Valencia is home to one of the world's greatest dishes, paella. While on the 'Highlights of Spain' journey, guests meet the chef at a local family-run restaurant in the heart of the Old City and learn the traditional recipe for paella during a cooking demonstration. Next they savor the delicious flavors of this classic dish with a glass of sangria during a Highlight Dinner.
- Dine-At-Home in Portugal: On the 'Country Roads of Portugal' trip guests journey through rolling, vine-laden hills to Quinta de Marrocos, home of the Sequeira family. There they learn about the family's passion for wine making, and join them for a farm-to-table dinner of food freshly prepared from locally sourced ingredients and served with wine from the estate.
Travelers can save 10% with Insight's Early Payment Discount on featured 2018 European journeys by booking and paying in full by January 11, 2018.*
For reservations, contact your favorite travel agent,
call Insight Vacations at 1-888-680-1241, or visit www.insightvacations.com
Join the conversation on social media using our hashtag #INSIGHTMOMENTS.
Terms and Conditions
*Applies only to tours featuring "Early Payment Discount" in the price panel – see the new 2018 Europe Premium Escorted Journeys Brochure. Valid on new bookings only and must be booked by January 11, 2018. A $200 deposit is required within three days of booking and full payment is due by January 11, 2018. This offer may be withdrawn at any time. Trip prices and dates are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. Note prices displayed reflect available discounted rates (i.e. Early Payment Discount, Red Hot Deal). All trip information is correct at time of trips going live, however is subject to change, so please confirm all details at time of booking.
About Insight Vacations
As a global leader in premium escorted travel, Insight Vacations® has been crafting magical journeys for almost 40 years that embody The Art of Traveling in Style™. Through meticulous planning, detailed preparation and boundless passion, Insight's collection of award-winning itineraries showcases the most outstanding destinations in Europe and North America. Guided by a highly-skilled Travel Director, guests can look forward to traveling in smaller groups, savoring authentic dining and enjoying a range of immersive Insight Experiences. To find out more, visit insightvacations.com
About The TreadRight Foundation
Created as a joint initiative between The Travel Corporation's (TTC) family of brands, The TreadRight Foundation is a not-for-profit that works to help ensure the environment and communities we visit remain vibrant for generations to come. Founded by Brett Tollman, Chief Executive, TTC, to date TreadRight has supported more than 40 sustainable tourism projects worldwide. As an official Diamond Sponsor of the UN International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development 2017, TTC is dedicated to bringing the industry together with a shared goal of benefiting local communities and the environment. To learn more about our past and current work at TreadRight, please visit us at TreadRight.org.
Insight Vacations is a member of the family-owned The Travel Corporation (TTC) and is renowned and trusted for its outstanding quality, service, value, reliability and financial stability.
SOURCE Insight Vacations