WHIPPANY, N.J., April 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Bayer will present its latest data on investigational oncology compounds including several selective small molecule inhibitors, as well as different types of biologic compounds including an antibody, two antibody-drug conjugates, and thorium conjugates. The studies will be presented at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) 107th Annual Meeting, April 16-20, 2016, in New Orleans, LA.
Bayer, together with its partner organizations, will feature a total of four oral and 35 poster presentations on oncology research and early drug development.
The following list comprises a selection of presentations on Bayer pipeline projects presented at AACR 2016.
- CD22 Thorium Conjugate (TC): An alpha-pharmaceutical
- Drug Development Track: Special Session – New Drugs on the Horizon 2
- Sunday, April 17, 5:03 p.m.-5:27 p.m., New Orleans Theater C, Morial Convention Center
- BAY 1436032: An orally available inhibitor of mutant forms of IDH1
- Minisymposium; Abstract# 2645
- Monday, April 18, 4:05 p.m.-4:20 p.m., New Orleans Theater A, Morial Convention Center
- Discovery of BAY 1163877 – A pan-FGFR inhibitor: De novo structure-based design and lead optimization of benzothiophenyl-pyrrolotriazines
- Minisymposium – Drug Design and Delivery; Abstract# 4332
- Tuesday, April 19, 3:20 p.m.-3:35 p.m., Room 293, Morial Convention Center
- Identification and optimization of GLUT-1 inhibitors
- Minisymposium – Drug Design and Delivery; Abstract# 4333
- Tuesday, April 19, 3:35 p.m.-3:50 p.m., Room 293, Morial Convention Center
Selected Poster Presentations
- Allosteric AKT1/2-inhibitor BAY 1125976 in luminal breast cancer resistant to antihormone therapy
- Poster Session: Experimental and Molecular Therapeutics – PI3K/AKT Inhibitors; Abstract# 379
- Sunday, April 17, 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m., Morial Convention Center, Poster Section 19, Poster# 10
- Preclinical mode of action and anti-tumor efficacy of the MKNK1 inhibitor BAY 1143269 in NSCLC models
- Poster Session: Experimental and Molecular Therapeutics – Novel Antitumor Agents; Abstract# 341
- Sunday, April 17, 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m., Morial Convention Center, Poster Section 17, Poster# 22
- BAY 1187982, an FGFR2-ADC in a diffuse type gastric cancer patient-derived xenograft model with acquired resistance to pan-FGFR inhibitor AZD4547
- Late-Breaking Poster Session: Late-Breaking Research: Experimental and Molecular Therapeutics 1; Abstract# LB-117
- Monday, April 18, 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., Morial Convention Center, Poster Section 11, Poster# LB-117
- A pivotal randomized phase II study of anetumab ravtansine or vinorelbine in patients with advanced or metastatic pleural mesothelioma after progression on platinum/pemetrexed-based chemotherapy (NCT02610140)
- Poster Session: Phase II/III Clinical Trials in Progress; Abstract# CT083
- Tuesday, April 19, 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., Morial Convention Center, Poster Section 13, Poster# CT083
- A randomized, double-blind phase III study of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase alpha/delta inhibitor copanlisib versus placebo in patients with rituximab-refractory indolent non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (iNHL): CHRONOS-2
- Poster Session: Phase II/III Clinical Trials in Progress; Abstract# CT084
- Tuesday, April 19, 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., Morial Convention Center, Poster Section 13, Poster# CT084
- Phase III randomized, double-blind, controlled studies of the PI3K inhibitor copanlisib in combination with rituximab or rituximab-based chemotherapy in subjects with relapsed indolent B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (iNHL): CHRONOS-3 and CHRONOS-4
- Poster Session: Phase II/III Clinical Trials in Progress; Abstract# CT085
- Tuesday, April 19, 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., Morial Convention Center, Poster Section 13, Poster# CT085
- BAY 1143572, an orally available inhibitor of PTEFb/CDK9 currently in Phase I, in preclinical models of acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
- Poster Session: Experimental and Molecular Therapeutics – Novel Targets and Pathways; Abstract# 3022
- Tuesday, April 19, 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., Morial Convention Center, Poster Section 17, Poster# 12
- Second generation 2,3-dihydroimidazo[1,2-c]quinazoline PI3K inhibitors: development of BAY 1082439, a balanced PI3Kα / PI3Kβ inhibitor
- Poster Session: Cancer Chemistry – Drug Design; Abstract# 4851
- Wednesday, April 20, 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., Morial Convention Center, Poster Section 21, Poster# 16
About Oncology at Bayer
Bayer is committed to delivering science for a better life by advancing a portfolio of innovative treatments. The oncology franchise at Bayer now includes three oncology products and several other compounds in various stages of clinical development. Together, these products reflect the company's approach to research, which prioritizes targets and pathways with the potential to impact the way that cancer is treated.
Bayer: Science For A Better Life
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time, the Group aims to create value through innovation, growth and high earning power. Bayer is committed to the principles of sustainable development and to its social and ethical responsibilities as a corporate citizen. In fiscal 2014, the Group employed around 119,000 people and had sales of EUR 42.2 billion. Capital expenditures amounted to EUR 2.5 billion, R&D expenses to EUR 3.6 billion. These figures include those for the high-tech polymers business, which was floated on the stock market as an independent company named Covestro on October 6, 2015. For more information, go to www.bayer.us.
Forward Looking Statement
This news release may contain forward-looking statements based on current assumptions and forecasts made by Bayer Group or subgroup management. Various known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors could lead to material differences between the actual future results, financial situation, development or performance of the company and the estimates given here. These factors include those discussed in Bayer's public reports which are available on the Bayer Web site at www.bayer.com. The company assumes no liability whatsoever to update these forward-looking statements or to conform them to future events or developments.
Bayer® and the Bayer Cross® are registered trademarks of Bayer.
Intended for U.S. Media Only
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/107th-annual-meeting-of-american-association-for-cancer-research-aacr-bayer-to-present-new-data-on-advancing-oncology-portfolio-300250758.html
SOURCE Bayer Corporation