NEWTON, Mass., Oct. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Invest in Others Charitable Foundation hosted its tenth annual Community Leadership Awards Gala on September 29, 2016, at Cipriani 42nd Street in New York City. Over 500 financial advisors and financial services executives attended the event to recognize and celebrate the charitable work of financial advisors and firms in communities across the country and around the world.
"It's resoundingly clear that the financial advice industry is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to giving back to people in need," said Megan McAuley, Executive Director & President of Invest in Others. "The impact this industry has on communities across the country and around the world is significant."
Awards were presented to financial advisors in the following categories: Catalyst, Community Service, Global Community Impact, Volunteer of the Year and Lifetime Achievement. Invest in Others will donate $20,000 to each winner's designated charity, with the exception of the Lifetime Achievement Award winner, whose charity will receive a $25,000 donation. By award category, the winners are:
- Catalyst Award: Michael J. Nathanson, chairman, CEO and president of The Colony Group in Boston, Mass. for the National Brain Tumor Society.
- Community Service Award: Roy C. Jordan, wealth management advisor at Northwestern Mutual in Nashville, Tenn., for the Green Hills Family YMCA/YMCA of Middle Tennessee.
- Global Community Impact Award: Michael Meltzer, portfolio manager at Tocqueville Asset Management L.P. in New York City, for Maya's Hope Foundation, Inc.
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Mary Lou Arveseth, OSJ manager for Financial Network in Draper, Utah, for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – Utah Chapter.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Gerard A. Klingman, president of Klingman & Associates, LLC in New York City, for Best Buddies International.
The Corporate Philanthropy Award was presented in the following sub-categories: Advisory Firms and Financial Institutions. The winners are:
- Corporate Philanthropy Award – Advisory Firms: Budros, Ruhlin & Roe, Inc., of Columbus, Ohio.
- Corporate Philanthropy Award – Financial Institutions: Ameriprise Financial of Minneapolis, Minn.
The Presenting Diamond Sponsor of this year's Community Leadership Awards was Fidelity Investments and Platinum Sponsors were Allianz, LPL Financial, Nuveen Investments, and TD Ameritrade.
About the Invest in Others Charitable Foundation
The Invest in Others Charitable Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that was founded by the financial services industry in 2006 to make a difference in communities across the country and around the world. To achieve this, we amplify the charitable work of financial advisors, employees, and their firms by sharing their stories and awarding funding to the non-profits they care so much about. By recognizing those that are making a difference, we promote philanthropy and encourage others to get involved. Since our founding, we've recognized advisors and firms across the industry and partnered with charities representing a range of causes. Today, Invest in Others is the premier, industry wide non-profit dedicated to recognizing, encouraging, and supporting the charitable work of financial advisors and the advisory industry. For more information, visit www.investinothers.org.
Jessica Dunham, Director of Marketing and Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org | 781.304.4812
SOURCE Invest in Others Charitable Foundation