SPOKANE, Wash., June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Red Lion Hotels Corporation (NYSE: RLH) today announced 11 Red Lion Hotels in six states have earned the prestigious 2013 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor®, the world's largest travel website. Approximately 10 percent of accommodations listed on the site receive this esteemed award, according to TripAdvisor.
"These awards belong to the team members at our hotels who make customer service a top priority," said Jon E. Eliassen, President and Chief Executive Officer of Red Lion Hotels Corporation. "We are proud of those who work hard to earn great reviews."
The accolade, which honors hospitality excellence, is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveler reviews on TripAdvisor, and is extended to qualifying businesses worldwide. To qualify for the Certificate of Excellence, businesses must maintain an overall rating of at least four, out of a possible five, as reviewed by travelers on TripAdvisor and must receive a prescribed volume of reviews within the last 12 months.
"We're delighted to celebrate the success of hospitality businesses around the world, from Auckland to San Francisco, Hong Kong to Paris, which are consistently offering travellers an outstanding customer experience," said Stephen Kaufer, President and CEO, TripAdvisor. "The Certificate of Excellence award provides top performing establishments the recognition they deserve, based on feedback from those who matter most – their customers."
The following Red Lion Hotels have earned the 2012 Certificate of Excellence:
- Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix/Tempe-ASU 4.0 Rating – The hotel converted to the Red Lion brand on May 29, 2013.
- Red Lion Hotel Anaheim 4.0 Rating – Also earned 2011 and 2012 Certificates of Excellence
- Red Lion Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova 4.5 Rating – Also ranked #1 of 20 hotels in Rancho Cordova and earned 2011 and 2012 Certificates of Excellence
- Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner 4.0 Rating – Also earned 2011 and 2012 Certificates of Excellence
- Red Lion Hotel Kalispell 4.0 Rating – In recognition of Red Lion Hotels guests, the Kalispell hotel is offering a TripAdvisor Appreciation Days rate of $79 through June 13 using the code "TRIP" on RedLion.com or at 800-RED-LION.
- Red Lion Hotel Bend 4.0 Rating – Also earned 2011 and 2012 Certificates of Excellence
- Red Lion Hotel on the River - Jantzen Beach 4.0 Rating – Also earned 2012 Certificate of Excellence
- Red Lion Hotel Pendleton 4.0 Rating – Also earned 2012 Certificate of Excellence
- Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick 4.0 Rating
- Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport 4.0 Rating – Also earned 2011 and 2012 Certificates of Excellence
- Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee 4.0 Rating – Earned 2012 Certificate of Excellence
About Red Lion Hotels Corporation: Red Lion Hotels Corporation is a hospitality company primarily engaged in the franchising, ownership and operation of hotels located in ten states and one Canadian province. As of May 29, 2013, the company has 52 hotels system wide. The Red Lion Hotels and Red Lion Inn & Suites network is comprised of 51 hotels with 9,088 rooms and 471,687 square feet of meeting space. The Leo Hotel Collection is comprised of one hotel with 2,956 rooms and 220,000 square feet of meeting space. The Company also owns and operates an entertainment and event ticket distribution business. For more information, please visit the Company's website at www.redlion.com.
SOURCE Red Lion Hotels Corporation