FAR HILLS, N.J., June 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Beginning today, fans can purchase tickets for the 2018 U.S. Open Championship at Shinnecock Hills Golf Club in Southampton, N.Y., marking the official worldwide release of online gallery and premium package sales, at usga.org/tickets.
"As one of the five founding clubs of the USGA and the host of our second U.S. Open in 1896, Shinnecock has stood the test of time," said USGA Executive Director/CEO Mike Davis. "It holds a special place in our history books, and we're excited to add another chapter to that legacy in 2018."
An array of daily and multi-day package ticket options are available for the 118th U.S. Open, with prices starting at $60 for daily gallery tickets and $125 for package options, including:
- 1895 Club: The 1895 Club is an all-inclusive ticket option featuring breakfast, buffet lunch with hot entrees, afternoon snacks and full bar service throughout the day in a custom-designed, climate-controlled hospitality environment.
- Trophy Club: Located near the fourth and sixth holes, the Trophy Club is a climate-controlled pavilion offering open seating, live network coverage of the championship in a sports bar-like setting, and a variety of food and beverage options available for purchase at an additional charge.
- Gallery: Gallery tickets provide access to the grounds and to all concession locations, grandstands throughout the course and spectator experience facilities.
- Weekly packages: Each ticket type can be purchased as a weeklong ticket package. All weekly packages include a playoff ticket for Monday, June 18 (if needed). Ticket buyers who purchase an 1895 Club weekly package will receive a playoff Trophy Club ticket, as the 1895 Club will not be open if a playoff is necessary.
- Practice-Round and Championship-Round packages: Both Trophy Club and Gallery tickets are available in three- and four-day packages.
In 1931, renowned architect William Flynn designed the present-day course, which is known for its dramatic location, exceptional routing and small greens. Johnny Miller, the 1973 U.S. Open champion, proclaimed it "golf's holy grail – a genius course."
Next year's championship promises to generate strong interest within the greater New York City area and purchasing tickets early is highly recommended.
Juniors age 12 and under receive complimentary entry when accompanied by an adult ticket holder. Tickets for juniors ages 13 to 17 will be available for purchase at a reduced rate. During practice-round days (Monday, June 11 through Wednesday, June 13), active military personnel receive complimentary Gallery tickets.
Corporate patrons can also explore the variety of suite and hospitality options available at next year's U.S. Open at http://www.usga.org/tickets.
About the USGA
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf. Founded in 1894, we conduct many of golf's premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women's Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions is the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world's golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association's Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world's most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
USGA Media Contact
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/118th-us-open-championship-at-shinnecock-expected-to-sell-out-300472481.html