WELLESLEY, Mass., April 3, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The 11th annual Babson Latin American Forum will take place at Babson College's Wellesley campus on April 5, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
"This year we will have 15 amazing speakers who have traveled from all over Latin America to come to our campus and share their story. They will be showcasing an array of backgrounds: family business, social enterprises, non-profits, serial entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and corporate leaders. They all have one thing in common - they are looking to create positive change not only in the region but in the world," according to the Babson Latin American Club.
- Juan Lombana is the founder of education company Mercatitlan.
- Alejandro Poma is a Board Member and EVP at Grupo Poma.
- Antonio Argüelles is General Director of New Technology School (NET)--a project offering quality education at affordable costs in municipalities within the metropolitan area of Mexico City--and partner of Del Mar al Cielo, an applied research and assessment consultancy for the public education sector.
- Diego Villegas, founder and CEO of Slang, is a serial entrepreneur with 20 years of experience in building and scaling ventures in the Technology, Retail, Oil & Gas, Mining, and Energy industries.
- Victor Santos is co-founder and CEO at AirFox.
- Joan Segura is founder and CEO of Play Business.
- Rene Martínez Saenz collaborates as an associate member for Pelagic Life, a Mexican NGO dedicated to marine biodiversity conservation.
- Camilo Herrera is founder of the NGO Un Litro De Luz Colombia.
- Jose Teran is General Manager of Teran/TBWA.
- Fernando Fabre is Managing Partner at MatterScale Ventures and is also a co-founder of Collective Academy.
- Cecilia Riviello is founder of Blanceship, an executive leadership and personal balance center.
- Odilon Almeida is President of Western Union Global Money Transfer.
- Andy Stuartis President and CEO of Norwegian Cruise Line.
- Vasco Masias is Founder and Director of the Alimenta Group.
- Vanessa Vásquez is Director of Asociación Civil Juguete Pendiente and Asociación Civil Donante Pendiente.
Babson Latin American Club
We are a student run organization committed to generating awareness and to education out community about Latin American business, economics, culture and politics in an entrepreneurial way.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader of Entrepreneurship of All Kinds(r). The top-ranked college for entrepreneurship education, Babson is a dynamic living and learning laboratory where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society. We prepare the entrepreneurial leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to make a difference in the world, and have an impact on organizations of all sizes and types. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought & Action(r) as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value.
Media Contacts: Michael Chmura
Public Relations Director
This news release was issued on behalf of Newswise™. For more information, visit http://www.newswise.com.
SOURCE Babson College