WASHINGTON, Feb. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- FRC Action and AFA Action honored Members of Congress with their "True Blue" award for the Member's unwavering commitment and consistent support of faith, family and freedom. In all, 143 representatives and 10 senators were honored with the award for the First Session of the 113th Congress, scoring a perfect 100 percent on this year's scorecard.
Votes in the U.S. House included:
- Ban on abortion on pain-capable unborn children nationally
- Preventing the appointment of non-religious, atheist military chaplains
- Delaying Obamacare and protecting conscience rights
Votes in the U.S. Senate included:
- Vote to strengthen parental notification in minor's abortion decision
- Votes to defund and delay Obamacare
- Activist nominees such as Cornelia Pillard and Chai Feldblum
Family Research Council Action President Tony Perkins made the following comments:
"We thank these Members of Congress for consistently voting to defend and advance faith, family and freedom. These 'True Blue Members' have voted to delay Obamacare, protect the unborn, and stand for religious liberty.
"FRC and the thousands of families that we represent applaud these Members for their unwavering commitment to faith, family and freedom," concluded Perkins.
American Family Association Action President Tim Wildmon made the following comments:
"Our country so desperately needs lawmakers and elected officials who will stand up for the moral issues that are shaping our society. These leaders have helped preserve life, protect religious liberties and promote families, and for this, we thank them."
To download a copy of the Vote Scorecard, visit http://www.frcaction.org/scorecard.
SOURCE FRC Action