IRVINE, Calif., Nov. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumers Digest, a leading consumer resource for automotive reviews, recently named four Kia vehicles "Best Buys" – the 2012 Kia Optima, 2012 Sorento, 2012 Soul and 2012 Sportage. This latest recognition comes on the heels of Kia Motors America (KMA) announcing the company's best-ever October sales and setting its 14th consecutive monthly sales record.
"Kia's design-led transformation continues to attract new customers to Kia showrooms with stand-out design, fuel efficiency, a host of standard amenities as well as residual values that continue to outpace the industry," said Michael Sprague, vice president of marketing & communications, KMA. "Receiving four 'Best Buy' designations from Consumers Digest reflects the increasing awareness and consideration for the Kia brand, which we expect to continue with the 2012 Rio 5-door and Soul, now arriving in showrooms."
All vehicles selected as a "Best Buy" by Consumers Digest deliver the most value for the money in their respective classes based on purchase price and ownership costs relative to subjective factors, such as comfort, performance and utility.
About the 2012 Optima
The 2012 Kia Optima stands apart from the crowd with its head-turning design, fun-to-drive performance, modern amenities and long list of standard safety features. Kia's second U.S.-built(1) vehicle offers drivers cutting-edge technologies, including a standard eight-speaker Infinity®(2) audio system, HD Radio™(3), and Kia's UVO powered by Microsoft®(4) voice-activated infotainment and communications system with a starting MSRP of $19,500(5).
About the 2012 Sorento
The 2012 Kia Sorento combines class-leading horsepower(6) and fuel economy(7) with cutting-edge technologies, including a GDI engine and Kia's UVO powered by Microsoft® voice-activated infotainment and communications system. Kia's first U.S.-built(1) and best-selling vehicle also offers a host of convenience features, including power-folding mirrors, memory seat settings, power passenger seat, ventilated driver's seat and heated, wood-trim steering wheel with a starting MSRP of $21,250(8).
About the 2012 Soul
Refreshed for the 2012 model year, the Kia Soul has been fine-tuned with a significant number of technological, powertrain and style enhancements. The 2012 Soul delivers class-leading horsepower(9) and significantly improved fuel efficiency of up to 35 miles per gallon (mpg)(10) on the highway. Kia Motors' iconic hatchback remains a class-leading value(11) with the lowest starting price of its competitive set at $13,900 MSRP(5). Later this model year, Soul will be the first among its competitors to offer the fuel-saving Idle Stop and Go (ISG) technology, which turns off the engine when the vehicle is not in motion, such as at a stop light or in traffic.
About the 2012 Sportage
The 2012 Kia Sportage offers value-, image- and safety-conscious consumers a striking design and a standout combination of fun-to-drive performance, the latest in-vehicle technologies, and an abundance of comfort, convenience and safety features at a tremendous value. The sleek and modern Sportage is available with a powerful and efficient 2.0-liter, 260 horsepower Turbo GDI engine that delivers class-leading fuel economy(12) of 29 mpg on the highway. Inside the cabin, the Sportage features a host of available technology features, including Kia's new UVO Powered by Microsoft® hands-free, voice-activated infotainment system. The 2012 Sportage features a starting MSRP of $18,500(8).
Design-Led Transformation and Product Line
Kia Motors has undergone a dramatic, design-led transformation, which has been delivering dynamically styled vehicles in several important segments at exactly the right time, contributing to the brand's continued gains in U.S. market share. Kia is poised to continue its momentum and brand growth through design innovation, quality, value, safety features and new technology. Kia's commitment to the U.S. market is represented by its U.S.-based manufacturing facilities in West Point, Georgia – KMMG – which is responsible for the creation of more than 10,000 plant and supplier jobs and added the critically acclaimed Optima midsize sedan(13) to its production line in September. Kia's model year 2012 vehicle line includes the Sorento CUV, Sportage compact CUV, Optima midsize sedan, Optima Hybrid, Soul urban passenger vehicle, Forte compact sedan, Forte 5-door compact hatchback, Forte Koup two-door coupe, all-new Rio and Rio 5-door sub-compacts and Sedona minivan.
About Kia Motors America
Kia Motors America (KMA) is the marketing and distribution arm of Kia Motors Corporation based in Seoul, South Korea. KMA offers a complete line of vehicles through more than 745 dealers throughout the United States and serves as the "Official Automotive Partner of the NBA." In 2010, KMA recorded its best-ever U.S. sales and 16th consecutive year of increased U.S. market share. Kia is poised to continue its momentum and will continue to build the brand through design innovation, quality, value, safety features and new technologies.
(1) Assembled in the United States from U.S. and globally sourced parts. Optima Hybrid will not be built at KMMG.
(2) Infinity® is a registered trademark of Harman International Industries, Incorporated.
(3) HD Radio™ and the HD, HD Radio, and "Arc" logos are proprietary trademarks of iBiquity Digital Corporation
(4) Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
(5) Starting prices are manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP), MSRP excludes $750 destination and handling fee, title, taxes, license, options and dealer charges. Actual prices set by dealer and may vary.
(6) Class claim based on comparison of 2011 and available 2012 compact CUVs with V6 and 2.4L GDI engines as of October 2011
(7) Class claim based on comparison of 2011 and available 2012 compact CUVs with 2.4L GDI engines as of October 2011.
(8) Starting prices are manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP), which excludes $800 destination and handling fee, title, taxes, license, options and dealer charges. Actual prices set by dealer and may vary.
(9) Class-leading horsepower claims based on comparisons to 2011 and 2012 competitors as of October 2011.
(10) EPA claim for highway mileage for 2012 Soul. Actual mileage may vary.
(11) Class-leading based on comparisons to 2011 and 2012 competitors as of October 2011.
(12) MPG claim for SX with 2.0L Turbo GDI engine four-cylinder with six-speed automatic transmission. EPA claim for 2012 Sportage SX 2.0L Turbo GDI engine w/AT is 22 mpg/city and 29 mpg/hwy. Class-leading claim based on comparison to 2011 and 2012 compact CUVs with turbocharged engines as of October 2011 and available 2011 EPA city/hwy mpg claim for compact CUVs with I4, turbocharged engines and V6 engines. Actual mileage may vary.
(13) Optima Hybrid will not be built at KMMG.
SOURCE Kia Motors America