CHICAGO, Oct. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The 2014 Workers' Compensation Benchmarking Study results will be featured in a presentation at the National Workers' Compensation and Disability Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada next month, entitled "Strategies for Overcoming Operational Challenges & Benchmarking Program Performance." The session will be moderated by Jason Beans, CEO and Founder of Rising Medical Solutions (Rising), the creator and director the study program.
Claims management leaders face critical challenges overseeing daily operations with limited opportunity to rank their organizations' performance against industry peers. Rising's Workers' Compensation Benchmarking Study looked to change that by surveying management and executive-level claims leaders across the industry to quantify their most pressing operational challenges. Now in its second year, the study provides a chance for organizations to gauge their core competencies, best practices, technology, medical management performance and talent development.
In this conference presentation, a panel of study architects will share their interpretations and insights, and will provide claims professionals with practical ways that they can address industry-wide priorities and hurdles. Topics include strategies for how to:
- Apply the study's recommendations for taking action on operational challenges and opportunities
- Recognize key strategies industry leaders use to impact claims and medical outcomes
- Analyze claims operation trends identified in study results
- Examine critical talent development and retention issues
The full expert panel includes:
- Denise Zoe Algire, Director, Managed Care & Disability, Corporate Risk, Safeway Inc. & Study Principal Researcher
- John Smolk, Principal Manager, Workers' Compensation, Southern California Edison & Study Advisory Council Member
- Raymond Jacobsen, Managing Director, AON Benfield & Study Advisory Council Member
- Jason Beans, CEO & Founder, Rising Medical Solutions, Study Creator & Director
The session will be held on Wednesday, November 19th at the Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in the Islander A&F Conference Room from 11:00 a.m. until 12:15 p.m. PST. The 2014 Workers' Compensation Benchmarking Study Report will be releasing in November, prior to the conference.
About the Workers' Compensation Benchmarking Study
The Workers' Compensation Benchmarking Study, conceived and published by Rising Medical Solutions, is an operational assessment tool for claims organizations to evaluate priorities, hurdles and strategies amongst their peers. The Study provides actionable data from confidential survey results submitted by workers' compensation leaders nationwide. The ongoing Study program is a collaboration of industry executives representing diverse organizational perspectives.
About Rising Medical Solutions
Rising Medical Solutions is a national medical-financial solutions firm that provides medical cost containment and medical care management services to the workers' compensation, auto, liability and group health markets.
Contact: Rachel Fikes, VP & Study Program Director / 312.224.5893, [email protected]
SOURCE Rising Medical Solutions