HARRISBURG, Pa., Sept. 28, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) has released the 12th edition of its Annual Report.
The PGCB's 2016-2017 Annual Report provides significant detail on the work of the agency in regulating the Commonwealth's casino industry, and also includes:
- slot machine and table game gross revenue and tax revenue statewide and broken down for each of the 12 casinos;
- reports and pertinent statistical figures from the PGCB's key bureaus;
- a list of all Executive Sessions held by the board during the fiscal year;
- revenue and expenditures during the fiscal year by the PGCB, along with a breakdown of employment at the agency; and,
- an expanded section on problem gambling with statistics on the PGCB's Self-Exclusion Program.
The report can be downloaded by visiting the Gaming Control Board's web site, www.gamingcontrolboard.pa.gov, and choosing the 2016-2017 PGCB Annual Report link under the Quick Links section of the homepage.
About the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board:
The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board is tasked to oversee all aspects of the state's casino industry. There are 10 stand-alone and racetrack casinos in operation, along with the two smaller resort casinos. These facilities collectively employ 18,000 people and annually generate approximately $1.4 billion in tax revenue from slot machine and table games play. The largest portion of that money is used for property tax reduction to all Pennsylvania homeowners.
Additional information about both the PGCB's regulatory efforts and Pennsylvania's casino gaming industry can be found at www.gamingcontrolboard.pa.gov. You can also follow the agency on Twitter by choosing @PAGamingControl.
CONTACTS: Doug Harbach or Richard McGarvey, (717) 346-8321
SOURCE Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board