2016 Golden Mousetrap Awards Name Finalists in 16 Categories of Product Design and Manufacturing Excellence
Winners to be Announced February 9 during Awards Ceremony in Anaheim at America's Most Comprehensive Advanced Manufacturing Event
Jan 28, 2016, 10:00 ET
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Design News today announces the finalists of the 14th annual Golden Mousetrap Awards, a program celebrating the American people, companies, and technologies that are driving progress in product design and manufacturing.
The Golden Mousetrap Awards recognize new technologies and cutting-edge products within 16 areas of excellence, as well as two special honors for the Rising Engineering Star and Gadget Freak of the Year (in partnership with Allied Electronics). The winners of each category will be honored during a special awards ceremony, celebrating the next generation of talent in the engineering and manufacturing industry.
The awards ceremony will be held February 9, 2016 at the Anaheim Convention Center, hosted alongside UBM's annual advanced manufacturing event, which includes the MD&M West, ATX West, Electronics West, WestPack, Pacific Design & Manufacturing, and PLASTEC West events and conferences, being held at the Anaheim Convention Center February 9-11, 2016. For more information, visit: http://goldenmousetraps.designnews.com.
The 2016 Golden Mousetrap Finalist Products and Manufacturers include (alphabetical by category):
Automation & Control – Controllers
- Allen- Bradley ControlLogix 5580 Controller – Allen Bradley
- Micro PLC platform – Maxim Integrated
- ESCON module 24/2 – Maxon Precision Motors
- MCST 3601 Motion Controller for Stepper Motors – MICROMO
- Vision 700 – Unitronics Inc.
Automation & Control – Drives
- Rexroth IndraDrive Mi cabinet-free Supply and Mains Module – Bosch Rexroth Corporation
- AKD-N Multi- Axis Servo System – Kollmorgen
Automation & Control – Fluid Power Technologies
- Dry Break M3 Quick Disconnect – Beswick Engineering
- Rexroth Hagglunds CA 10-40 Hydraullic – Bosch Rexroth Corporation
Automation & Control – Industrial Network Technologies (e.g. I/O, Ethernet, Wireless)
- Ha-VIS preLink – HARTING Inc. of North America
- Radioline Wireless Platform – Phoenix Contact USA
- RZ/ T1 Real-Time Processor – Renesas Electronics America
Automation & Control – Motors and Mechanical Motion Devices
- QNPHD – Aerotech, Inc.
- FDM0620 Stepper Motor – MICROMO
- Ultra EC Brushless DC Mini Motors – Portescap
- ClearPath All-in-One Brushless Motors – Teknic, Inc.
Automation & Control – Sensors, Vision Systems, Feedback Devices, & Peripherals
- MAXREFDES79# – Maxim Integrated
- BAW MEMS Gyroscope rate sensor – Qualtre, Inc.
- Uprox3 – Turck Inc.
Design Tools – Hardware & Software- Analysis & Calculation Software
- Atmel START – Atmel Corporation
- Rockwell Software Studio 5000 Software – Rockwell Automation
- WEBENCH Advanced Tools – Texas Instruments
Design Tools – Hardware & Software- CAD/PDM/PLM Software
- Arena PLM 2015 – Arena Solutions
- Omnify Empower PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) – Omnify Software
Electronics & Test – Analog/ Power Management/ Control
- Allen-Bradley Bulletin 1494U Visible Blade Disconnect Switch – Allen Bradley
- Atmel SmartConnect Bluetooth Smart BTLC1000 – Atmel
- NDM3ZS-90 – CUI Inc.
- EZ-PD ™ CCG2 Type-C Cable Controller – Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
- ISL8117 Synchronous Step-DownPWM Controller – Intersil Corporation
- ISL8273M 80A Single Channel Digital PMBus Step-Down Power Module – Intersil Corporation
- MCP9600 Thermocouple-Conditioning Integrated Circuit – Microchip Technology Inc.
Electronics & Test – Components, Hardware & Interconnects
- Han F+B – HARTING Inc. of North America
- XGD Series XTREME-GUARD ESD Suppressors – Littelfuse, Inc.
- 88 MW300/302 Wi-Fi Microcontroller SoC – Marvell
- MAX9286 – Maxim Integrated
- Nvidia Shield Android TV – Nvidia Corporation
- Extremelife-60 cable – Turck Inc.
- 221 Series Splicing Connectors – WAGO Corporation
Electronics & Test – Embedded Computing/Processing
- BCM47748, GNSS for IoT and wearables – Broadcom Corporation (BRCM)
- ISL29501 Time-of-Flight Signal Processing IC – Intersil Corporation
- 88E6390X Gigabit Ethernet switch – Marvell
- 88PA6270 Printer SoC – Marvell
- Renesas Autonomous Driving Development Platform – Renesas Electronics America
- SimpleLink ultra-low power wireless MCU platform – Texas Instruments
Electronics & Test – Test & Measurement
- M8196A 92 GSa/S Arbitrary Waveform Generator – Keysight Technologies Inc.
- 81606A Turnable Laser Source, High- Power and Lowest SSE, Top-Line – Keysight Technologies Inc.
- Wireless Test System – National Instruments
Materials & Assembly – 3D-Printing & Rapid Prototyping, Materials, Tools & Services
- AIRWOLF 3D AXIOM – Airwolf 3D
- Urethane Foam Casting with 3D Printing – Stratasys Direct Manufacturing
Materials & Assembly – Fastening, Joining & Assembly Components
- AS9100C Custom Universal Joints for Aircraft High Lift Actuation Systems (HLAS) – Belden Universal
- Adhesives – Master Bond
- Zapnik ™ – Sloan Technical Services
Materials & Assembly – Materials Processing
- TenderPac® – Sealpac USA, LLC
What: 14th Annual Golden Mousetrap Awards Ceremony and Reception
When: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 | Ceremony from 5:30-6:30 PM, with cocktails served from 4:30-5:30 PM
Where: Room 213 B/C/D, Second Level of the Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA
Cost: Admission is free when you register for the tradeshows running alongside the ceremony. When registering for the tradeshows you'll have an opportunity to reserve a seat at the awards ceremony.
Follow the Golden Mousetrap Awards on Social Media with official hashtag, #GMT16.
To register for any of the co-located expos, visit: anaheim.ubmcanon.com
To apply for a media pass, visit: mdmwest.mddionline.com/press-registration
About Advanced Manufacturing Expos & Conferences
UBM's Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is the leading B-to-B event producer, publisher, and digital media business for the world's $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the advanced manufacturing market and leverage our proprietary 1.3 million name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. The Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is organized by UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc (UBM.L), an Events First marketing and communication services business. For more information, visit ubmamericas.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160127/326738LOGO
SOURCE UBM Americas
Share this article