KANSAS CITY, Mo., April 12, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Angel Capital Association (ACA), the world's largest professional organization for accredited investors, will host investors from around the world at its 2017 ACA Summit, April 26-28 at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis. ACA Summit speakers will address topics impacting individual investors and investment strategies, including building diversity among entrepreneurs, Trump Administration impact on healthcare investing, and growth in new sectors such as blockchain and cannabis startups.
American angel investors pumped an estimated $24.6 billion into more than 70,000 startups across the country in 2015. Many of these companies are innovative, high-growth firms that create the most net new jobs in our economy and distribute new products and services that make a difference in people's lives. ACA will celebrate great investments and 60 successful exits for ACA members and their portfolio companies at the ACA Summit, demonstrating how "Angels Drive the Success of Great Startups and Economic Growth."
Keynote speakers include renowned venture capitalist Tim Draper and his father Bill and adult children sharing perspectives on changes they see in investing, leading investors Mitch Kapor and Freada Kapor Klein speaking on building diversity in entrepreneur communities, Steve Westly on investing in companies that change the world, and Dave Chase on "Investing in Healthcare's Transformation."
"Diversity among ACA Summit presenters and attendees has never been greater, reflecting a growing community across age, gender, race, and geographic lines. We are pleased to provide attendees with access to some of the most successful angel investors in the world, as well as insights into best practices for navigating change and achieving exits for member portfolio companies," said Marianne Hudson, executive director, Angel Capital Association.
The ACA Summit is the largest professional development event for angel investors. More than 700 ACA members, accredited investors, and startup ecosystem professionals from around the world are expected to attend to network, share best practices in angel investing, and discuss top issues and trends.
Keynote Speakers Include:
- The Draper Family (Bill, Tim, Jesse, Adam, and Billy): "Investing Through the Generations"
- Dave Chase, Founder, Health Rosetta Institute, and Executive Producer, The Big Heist: "Investing in Healthcare's Transformation at the Intersection of Generating Top Tier Returns and Maximizing Impact"
- Cindy Whitehead, The Pink Ceiling, and Former CEO, Sprout Pharmaceuticals: "How I Got to a $1B Outcome with 160 Angels"
- Dr. Morton Grosser: "The Crèche of Innovation: A Warp-Speed History of Silicon Valley"
- Mitch Kapor and Freada Kapor Klein, Kapor Capital: Fireside Chat
- Steve Westly, The Westly Group, and Former CFO, the State of California: "Investing in Innovation and Companies That Change the World"
- Swati Chaturvedi, CEO and Cofounder, Propel(x): "Ahead of the Curve: Opportunities for Investing in Science and Technology"
Members and Non-Members Register Now
ACA members and non-member investors are welcome to attend the ACA Summit by registering at https://www.angelcapitalassociation.org/2017-summit/. Press registration is accessible at that same link.
About Angel Capital Association (ACA)
ACA is the professional association of angel investors across North America and offers education, best practices, public policy advocacy, and significant benefits and resources to its membership of more than 13,000 accredited investors, who invest individually or through its 250 angel groups, accredited platforms, and family offices. For more information, visit: www.angelcapitalassociation.org or at @ACAAngelCapital; #ACAAngelSummit.
Mary Ellen Amodeo
SOURCE Angel Capital Association