ISELIN, N.J., Feb. 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- It is no surprise that technology has shaped and evolved millennials' sex lives. A new survey from Ansell, a global leader in protection solutions and the makers of LifeStyles® and SKYN® Condoms ("SKYN") reveals that nearly 50% of millennials are regularly sexting and sharing naked photos. Designed to analyze the habits, desires and preferences of sexually active millennials, the findings of the 2017 SKYN Condoms Millennial Sex Survey highlights the alarming discovery that many millennials are overlooking mutual consent when it comes to sex and tech, with nearly 1/3 of respondents admitting they have shared a sexual photo without the subject's permission.
"Most millennials grew up with cell phones as a part of their daily routine, making it understandable that technology has become an integral part of how they date and communicate with partners," noted Emily Morse, Sexologist and Host of the "Sex with Emily" podcast. "Sexting can be seen as the modern day love letter, but when nude photos enter the equation, it can veer from harmless flirting to viral sharing. All millennials should be aware that any pictures they send out could end up in the wrong hands, and this data drives that point home."
Some significant results from the survey that showcase how millennials are incorporating technology into their sex lives, include:
- Sexting Frequency: Compared to SKYN's 2015 Sex Survey, more millennials have sexted, sent or received a naked picture, with 48% of millennials noting they sext at least once a week.
- Birthday Suits: Millennials are boldly displaying their birthday suits, with 42% of males noting they send naked pictures at least once per week, and 50% of males noting they receive naked pictures at least once per week.
- Sext Consent: Millennials are sharing sexual photos without the subject's permission, with 30% of respondents saying they have shared a photo without the sender's knowledge.
- SnapChat Savvy: Millennial males are more likely to share intimate pictures via SnapChat, with 53% of males sending pictures versus their female counterparts at 27%.
In addition to questions related to sex and tech, the 2017 SKYN Condoms Millennial Sex Survey asked over 3,000 sexually active millennials across the U.S. detailed information about their sex lives, including favorite positions, occasions resulting in the most sex, orgasm frequency, bedroom confidence, and much more. Additional findings include:
- Twice as Nice: Multiple orgasms during a single sex session is the new normal amongst millennials. A staggering 48% of millennial males and 44% of millennial females report having two or more orgasms during a single sexual encounter.
- Sexual Empowerment: Millennial females are feeling more sexually empowered. More females have had one night stands and masturbation sessions than millennial males. Millennial females are using condoms more than ever before, with 48% reporting that they are incorporating condoms into their sex lives.
- Back Door is Open: An astounding 36% of millennials have female anal sex and 15% have male anal sex at least some of the time.
- Wrap It Up: Condom users are more sexually satisfied, have more sex, feel more confident in bed, and last longer during sex than non-condom users.
- Living Large: Of surveyed millennials, the average penis size is estimated to be 6.1-7 inches when fully aroused.
- Older and Wiser: Older millennials make up approximately half of the segment of those who use vibrators (44%), while 25-20 year olds make up 34% and 18-24 year olds 22%.
- Swipe Right: Tinder is the most popular dating application amongst millennials, with 23% of respondents reporting using the program.
- Apple A Day: Millennials identify "Doctor" and "Musician" as the sexiest professions to have, with 45% of respondents noting doctors and musicians following closely behind at 44%.
"Through our research, we are able to continuously uncover the sexual preferences, trends and desires of sexually active millennials, which allows us to better anticipate the needs of our core demographic and create products and tools to meet these needs," says Carol Carrozza, VP of Marketing, North America for Ansell, the makers of LifeStyles and SKYN Condoms. "Millennials are seizing the new technologies of the digital era at a rapid pace, and at Ansell, we are committed to leading the way in embracing and developing new and improved products to enhance pleasure and better sexual health."
For more results from the SKYN Condoms by LifeStyles 2017 Millennial Sex Survey, please contact LifeStyles@5wpr.com. To connect with the brand and discover condom giveaways, sex tips, stats and more, join us on Facebook and Twitter: www.facebook.com/lifestylesUSA and www.twitter.com/lifestylesUSA.
Conducted by AMP Agency on behalf of LifeStyles and SKYN Condoms, the survey targeted males and females between 18 – 34 years of age, of all sexuality and relationship types, who were sexually active in the last 3 months. The survey was conducted from September to October 2016. A total of 3037 respondents answered 86 questions and completed the survey online via email. The margin of error (MOE) for all respondents is +/-1.8% at a 95% confidence interval based on the principals of probability sampling theory reaching a nationally representative sample of the United States.
Ansell is a world leader in providing superior health and safety protection solutions that enhance human well-being. With operations in North America, Latin America/Caribbean, EMEA and Asia, Ansell employs nearly 15,000 people worldwide and holds leading positions in the personal protective equipment and medical gloves market, as well as in the sexual health and well-being category worldwide. Ansell operates in four main business segments: Medical, Industrial, Single Use and Sexual Wellness. Information on Ansell and its products can be found at www.ansell.com.
Ansell, ® and ™ are trademarks owned by Ansell Limited or one of its affiliates. US Patented and US and non-US Patents Pending: www.ansell.com/patentmarking © 2017 Ansell Limited. All Rights Reserved.
About SKYN Condoms by LifeStyles
Based out of Iselin, NJ, the SKYN brand of condoms was launched in 2008 as the first-ever polyisoprene, non-latex condom that met all the U.S. Food and Drug Administration requirements for safety and efficacy. The SKYN brand is the latest addition to the LifeStyles brand portfolio; the LifeStyles brand of condoms was launched in 1985 as a U.S.-based consumer product of Ansell Limited. With over 20 styles of condoms and an assortment of other pleasure products on the market, Ansell and its affiliates are some of the leading distributors of sexual health goods in the U.S. and Canada. More information on SKYN condoms can be found at http://www.skyn.com/en.
About AMP Agency
AMP Agency is a full-service marketing agency with offices in Boston, New York City, and Los Angeles. At AMP, we believe in better ideas created a different way. It's in our heritage. Through the years, we've morphed from a non-traditional marketing agency into a full-service shop. Today, we're a 250+ team of intellectually curious individuals who are eager to solve your business challenges. We're proud to work with amazing clients including industry leaders like Ansell Healthcare, Maybelline New York, Hasbro and Collette Travel.
For more information, please visit our website www.ampagency.com
SOURCE SKYN Condoms by LifeStyles