LOS ANGELES, June 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- 2020 Mom and the Perinatal Mental Health Society (PNMHS), with the generous support of Denver's Zoma Foundation, announce the Maternal Mental Health Innovation Awards.
These competitive awards will be presented annually to impactful programs which deserve recognition for leadership in supporting maternal mental health. It is time we share what works in addressing maternal mental health disorders, which impact up to one-in-five women during pregnancy and the postpartum period.
The award program seeks exemplary programs which should be lifted up and could prove as models for broader adoption across the country.
The program has two primary goals:
- To recognize those who are impacting maternal mental health through innovative initiatives.
- To facilitate sharing innovative models in order to scale and promote change in a rapid and effective manner.
Categories and Criteria of Innovation Awards in Maternal Mental Health:
- Innovative Programs in Care – Care models (both clinical and non-clinical) with strong outcomes for addressing maternal mental health and lend themselves to broader adoption.
- Innovative Community Solutions – Leadership, communication, and broad community engagement that brings focus to maternal mental health and sustainable engagement.
- Innovation in Policy and Advocacy -National, state or local legislative or regulatory advocacy efforts with impactful results stemming from passage and/or implementation.
- The first-place winner in each category will receive $3,000 and and the honorable mention winner will receive $1,000.
- A representative from each of the 2017 winners will receive complimentary registration, hotel accommodations for three nights and travel costs for the PNMHS conference in November and the winning programs will be presented and recorded on Wednesday morning, November 8, 2017.
- Winning programs will also be highlighted on the PNMHS and 2020 Mom websites, along with supporting materials, and winners will present their findings via via webinar.
- Applications are due by July 31, 2017 and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be juried by a panel of experts appointed by 2020 Mom from multiple disciplines
- Winners will be notified by Aug. 20 2017
For more information, visit: 2020mom.org/innovation-awards
About 2020 Mom:
2020 Mom, founded in 2011 as the California Maternal Mental Health Collaborative, has evolved as a national organization with a mission of Closing gaps in maternal mental health care. 2020 Mom understands the complex health care system and shares widely a platform of action and tools to national, state and local stakeholders and thought leaders to drive policy change.
About Perinatal Mental Health Society:
The Perinatal Mental Health Society is committed to the advancement of Clinical Care, Advocacy, Research and Education (CARE) in the field of maternal mental health.
About the Zoma Foundation:
Early childhood development is a focus of the Zoma Foundation and drives our commitment to reducing social-emotional and executive functioning disparity by age 5 in the greater Denver metro area. Our work is grounded in the belief that every child deserves to be surrounded by supportive, safe environments and that every parent and primary care provider should have easily accessible information and tools to help make that possible. . It is our hope that innovative work in addressing maternal mental health and our other initiatives in the greater Denver metro area will yield results that can be replicated statewide, nationally and even internationally.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/2020-mom--the-perinatal-mental-health-society-launch-the-innovation-awards-300470192.html
SOURCE 2020 Mom