NEW YORK, April 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Industry trade and networking group 212NYC, representing New York's digital advertising community, has announced changes to its Board of Directors for 2017. The members of the new Board of Directors and Executive Committee embody varying industry backgrounds and levels of expertise, reinforcing the organization's commitment to incorporating diversity of thought, addressing industry challenges, and uncovering solutions through the lens of multiple stakeholders.
Outgoing President Geoff Schiller, CRO at PopSugar, will pass the reins to the groups' current Treasurer, Frank Minishak, SVP and General Manager at Cadreon. Schiller will remain in an advisory role with the organization.
At its recent industry Annual Gala, Minishak spoke about the roles that 212NYC plays:
"I'd like to take a minute to talk about connecting, confronting, and collaborating. One of our roles is to highlight the senior and junior leaders who are helping to transform the industry, and create platforms like tonight for us to get together and share thoughts, etc. That's: 212NYC Connecting.
Another role is to elevate trending topics and innovation in our community and to authentically challenge industry norms that we feel deserve more dialogue. Issues like: How advertisers deal with fake news; industry etiquette; the role of TV; and, our industry's startling lack of diversity and dearth of talent. This year, expect us to take on more controversial topics, bring in new partners, host at new venues, and bring on a higher level of speakers and discourse. That's: 212NYC Confronting.
And finally, arguably our most important role: To be a resource and sounding board for you, our industry peers, as we work together respectfully – with all aspects of our industry – to help bring solutions to the issues we'll take on. That's: 212NYC Collaborating."
As President, Minishak will lead the Board and a newly reorganized executive committee including:
- Current Vice-President Ed Wise, CRO at Mashable, will remain on the executive committee in the newly created role of EVP, Strategy.
- Board member Sophia Woodhouse, Creative Strategist at Snap, Inc., joins the executive committee in the newly created role of VP, Finance.
- Board member Andrew Gottlieb, Senior Director, Global Agency Development at Yahoo, joins the executive committee in the newly created role of VP, Industry Affairs.
- Board member Jay Wolff, Regional Vice President at Samba TV, joins the executive committee in the newly created role of VP, Marketing.
- Rounding out the executive committee is longtime 212NYC associate Cal Zarin, CEO Shared Value Media, who will be elevated to the newly created role of Executive Director of the organization.
Additional 212NYC Board of Directors include:
- Christine Peterson, Mindshare; Jesse Redniss, Turner; Jon Anselmo, Omnicom; Cori Retblatt Fernandez, Google; Diana Telinbacco, TargetSpot; Michael Rotella, Verizon; Eric Franchi, Undertone; Justine Lyn, ZenithOptimedia; Nobles Crawford, Droga5; and Scott Marsden, Spotify.
Incorporated in 2003, 212 Ltd.'s "212NYC" is New York's leading organization for the digital advertising industry, comprised of a membership of over 1,500 digital media, marketing and advertising professionals. The mission of 212NYC is to create a forum for members to make connections, share insights and support the digital advertising community through education, programming and philanthropy. 212NYC is a non-profit, volunteer organization and membership is open to all advertising professionals in the New York area. Find out more at 212nyc.org.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/212nyc-announces-new-leadership-and-focus-in-2017-300445211.html