WASHINGTON, Oct. 22 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Parking Association (NPA) today announced that 22 parking professionals have received the prestigious Certified Parking Professional accreditation through a rigorous study and exam process. The fall 2010 class of CPPs successfully completed the CPP exam and joins a total of 500 CPPs worldwide.
Established in 1993, the National Parking Association certification program has enhanced professionalism in the industry, raised the awareness of the impact and importance of the parking industry, and set the standard for excellence.
Eligible parking professionals participate in a comprehensive exam covering 13 key aspects of parking operations, from safety and security to customer service operations to disaster planning, to finance and valet parking operations. Parking professionals who pass the CPP exam are entitled to display the CPP credential. Certification is maintained through continuing education and a periodic recertification process.
"Congratulations to the 22 leading industry professionals who have earned the National Parking Association's CPP certification through a program of professional study and a comprehensive industry exam," said Christine Banning, CAE, NPA president. "These 22 professionals join more than 500 of their peers worldwide who have earned parking's most distinguished form of professional accreditation, representing the elite of the parking industry."
This year's CPP certification recipients are:
- Mark Benzin, CPP; System Parking, Inc.; Chicago, Illinois
- Sadie Block, CPP; University of Alaska; Anchorage, Alaska
- Eric Crouch, CPP; Texas Tech University; Lubbock, Texas
- Melissa Cutrona, CPP; Amano McGann; Roseland, New Jersey
- Bark Diore, CPP; Patriot Parking, Inc.; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Tom Dishman, CPP; Amano McGann; Ashland, Ohio
- Malcolm Edwards, CPP; Parkability; Bronte, New South Wales, Australia
- Brian Hand, CPP; Amano McGann; Cheshire, Connecticut
- Fred Huante, CPP; Allpro Parking, LLC; Syracuse, New York
- Robert Judith, CPP; MarcParc, Inc.; Washington, DC
- Benjamin Kelley, CPP; Amano McGann; Cheshire, Connecticut
- Mark Maxwell, CPP; Allpro Parking, LLC; Cincinnati, Ohio
- Jose Medina, CPP; System Parking Inc.; Chicago, Illinois
- Octavus Morgan, CPP; System Parking Inc.; Chicago, Illinois
- Dana Olszowy, CPP; Network Parking; Cleveland, Ohio
- Fred Osei-Kuffuor, CPP; System Parking, Inc.; Chicago, Illinois
- Ryan Quinn, CPP; System Parking, Inc.; Chicago, Illinois
- Thomas Rudig, CPP; Star Park, LLC; Portland, Oregon
- Steven Silber, CPP; MarcParc, Inc.; Washington, DC
- Bruce Sonnenberg, CPP; Texas Tech University; Lubbock, Texas
- Keith Urban, CPP; Five Star Parking; Jamaica, New York
- Matthew Whitten, CPP; System Parking, Inc.; Chicago, Illinois
To learn more about the CPP credentialing requirements visit, www.npapark.org, then click on "Career Center." CPP Certification is earned through a formal testing system administered by an independent credentialing organization on behalf of the National Parking Association.
About the National Parking Association: The National Parking Association (NPA) is a network of companies comprised of parking industry professionals. NPA's mission is to serve as a resource to the parking industry and its members by offering quality education, networking opportunities, advocacy, products and services. To learn more, go to www.npapark.org.
SOURCE National Parking Association