NEW YORK, April 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Stay connected and in style with the Wear24, a 4G LTE connected smartwatch that runs exclusively on the Verizon network. Make calls, send texts, stream music, receive notifications, and more while being phone-free.
The Wear24 will come in three stylish colors: Stainless Steel, Gunmetal Black, and Rose Gold. So plan your outfits accordingly. The way we dress for work is typically different than how we dress for the gym, and luckily Wear24 is smart enough to do this on its own. The watch has interactive and unique watch faces that you can customize to fit your needs and automatically change based on your location. Set a modern styled watch face for when you're at the office and a fitness-focused watch face for when you visit the gym.
Wear24 is always connected to your smartphone's phone number, so texts and calls from the watch use that number, even if the smartphone isn't with you. This makes it okay to leave your smartphone in the other room or go out for an errand without it and keep up with all your notifications.
Wear24 + Verizon Unlimited + Android Wear 2.0
Android Wear 2.0 adds a number of new smartwatch features including music streaming with Google Play Music, Google Assistant and access to Google Play Store, all on your wrist. Having Verizon Unlimited means:
- Stream all the music you want, phone-less, from Wear24 to a pair of Bluetooth headphones. Perfect for outdoor fitness activities and leaving your smartphone behind. (Take that, pocket-less gym shorts.)
- Ask Google as many questions as you want. Ask Wear24 to "set a timer," "play rock music," and more. Wear24 is there to help you find answers.
- Browse and download Google Play apps directly on the watch without having to install them onto your phone.
- 1.39-inch AMOLED display (290 PPI)
- 450 mAh battery with wireless charging
- IP67-rated for water resistance to withstand being submerged in up to 3.3 feet of water for up to 30 minutes
The smartwatch will be available in stores and online from Verizon starting May 11 for $349.99. Customers also have the option of purchasing the smartwatch for $299.99 with new 2-year activation. You can add the smartwatch to an existing Verizon Plan for $5 monthly access, plus taxes & fees.
Visit the Verizon accessories page online to view the complete lineup of available mobile accessories here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE,Nasdaq: VZ), headquartered in New York City, has a diverse workforce of 160,900 and generated nearly $126 billion in 2016 revenues. Verizon operates America's most reliable wireless network, with 114.2 million retail connections nationwide. The company also provides communications and entertainment services over mobile broadband and the nation's premier all-fiber network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers worldwide.