KEENE, N.H., Sept. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Premium or "specialty" fertilizers are an increasingly important product category in the fertilizer industry. Manufacturers, distributors, retailers and growers alike are finding improved economics from the products, and in many cases there are indeed sustainability advantages to using more complex formulations on a variety of crops.
These formulations can include a variety of novel combinations including: micro-nutrients (zinc, boron, copper, magnesium and more); production processes that allow for slow or controlled release of nutrients; additives that reduce non-beneficial chemical reactions; and liquid formats that allow for more targeted fertilization.
But development of new products and uptake of these products by growers is in a constant state of flux. To keep the industry informed on the current and future state of the market, on December 8, 2016 fertilizer market intelligence firm Green Markets gathers professionals from across the fertilizer industry for the Specialty Fertilizer Global Summit 2016 (www.FertilizerPricing.com/SpecialtySummit).
This convenient, one-day conference explores the trends and new ideas shaping the specialty and premium fertilizer market. Speakers include:
- Dr. Andres Gransee, Director of Applied Research and Advisory Service, Institute of Applied Plant Nutrition
- Russell Taylor, Vice President, Live Earth Products Inc.
- Arthur Bentley, Managing Director Agribusiness Vertical, Headwaters MB
- Dale Edington, Purchasing & Production Manager, Advanced Micronutrient Products
- Dr. Carlos Monreal, Research Scientist, Carleton University, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Jae Fielding, Specialty Marketing, Kugler
- Terry A. Tindall, Director of Agronomy, J.R. Simplot Company
- Dr. Andrew Green, Director of Environment, Health & Sustainability, International Zinc Association
- Nick Young, Supervising Special Investigator, California Department of Food and Agriculture
Over 100 fertilizer industry pros made the inaugural 2015 Specialty Fertilizer Global Summit a great learning and networking experience. The all-new 2016 event is expected to be even more significant, and is sponsored by leading companies in the fertilizer and aligned industries including Simplot, K+S, SUL4R-PLUS, The Andersons, Applied Chemical Technology, American Plant Food Corporation, A.J. Sackett, Layco by Yargus, Marsulex Environmental Technologies, Anuvia, Haifa, ICL Specialty Fertilizer, and UralChem
For more information and to register for the Specialty Fertilizer Global Summit 2016, visit www.FertilizerPricing.com/SpecialtySummit or call 800-531-0140 (+1-603-357-8103). For sponsorship information, please contact Jonathan Wentworth-Ping at [email protected], or call +1.603-357-8160.
About Green Markets
Green Markets has been the most trusted, widely read publication for fertilizer business news, analysis and market activities for over 40 years.
Green Markets delivers over 250 trusted price assessments each week: ammonia, urea, other nitrogens, phosphates, potassiums and sulfurs. PLUS — regional market reports that give organizations detailed insight on pricing trends. Along with weekly intelligence services, Green Markets provides proprietary fertilizer market research and analysis, custom data feeds, and confidential Advisory Services.
Green Markets' parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals.
SOURCE Green Markets