CHICAGO, June 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ICAP Patent Brokerage, a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage firm and organizer of ICAP Ocean Tomo Auctions, is offering for sale a patent portfolio that discloses three-dimensional integrated circuit (3-D IC) architecture of logic and memory chips for increased system performance and efficiency and reduced cost.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This patent portfolio discloses a three dimensional architecture for logic circuits in System-on-Chip (SoC) and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) configurations and for memory circuits, by using Through Silicon Vias (TSVs).
- In the SoC configuration, the logic 3-D ICs use circuits configured on tiles on multifunctional layers, yet with multiple cores for producing autonomous functionality.
- In the FPGA configuration, the circuits may be configured in cores on multiple layers.
- The multilayer memory circuits provide rapid data storage in a multi-memory package that allows rapid data access through close proximity to logic circuits.
- The arrangement of multiple cores in 3-D logic circuits requires less interconnect area per transistor, resulting in increased performance and reduced heat, thereby solving the challenge of Moore's law for generations.
- The 3-D arrangement reduces energy consumption, thereby reducing user costs.
- The heterogeneous multilayer logic and memory circuit SoC configuration optimizes flexibility for multiple application domains from high performance computing to embedded systems.
- This portfolio should be useful for manufacturers of next gen chips in multi-functional computing, high performance computing, signal processing and memory circuit sectors.
Companies who have cited this patent portfolio include: IBM, MonolithIC 3-D and Synopsys
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Clay Becker of ICAP Patent Brokerage at 561-797-1161 or [email protected]
Media Contact: Luisa Sepulveda 312-327-8162 or [email protected]
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's leading interdealer broker and provider of post trade risk and information services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, FX, emerging markets and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. Through our post trade risk and information services we help our customers manage and mitigate risks in their portfolios. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Patent Brokerage