KIRKLAND, Wash., April 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- On April 3 in Las Vegas, Nevada, the "3 in 4 Need More" campaign -- run by the 3in4 Association -- made its second public appearance, following the first in Atlanta, Georgia, on March 8. This month's appearance took place during the 2011 LTCi Producers Summit, run by the American Association for Long-Term Care Insurance (AALTCI).
The campaign seeks to inform Americans that health insurance isn't enough. Millions of us need more: some form of long-term care insurance or planning to cover longer-lasting illnesses and disabilities not covered by regular insurance or Medicare.
During the April 3 appearance, press representatives, long-term care insurance agents, and industry executives witnessed several highlights:
- Long-term care advocate Dr. Marion Somers spoke at a press briefing, joined by 3in4 Association board members. She was later interviewed on KTNV Channel 13 Action News, an ABC affiliate. A recording may be viewed at http://www.vegasmorningblend.com/videos/119092024.html. Dr. Marion is a frequent guest on programs such as Good Morning America, Today Show, and NBC Nightly News.
- Jesse Slome, President of AALTCI, received the 2011 Lifetime Achievement Award, presented by the 3in4 Association. "Jesse's work on behalf of the industry dates back to 1987, when he crafted a marketing program for Aetna's launch of a nursing home policy," says Mark Goldberg, Treasurer of the 3in4 Association. "Jesse also helped launch the California Partnership for Long-Term Care Insurance, founded the LTCi Sales Strategies magazine, co-founded the American Association for Long-Term Care Insurance, and more."
- Jonas Roeser, President of the 3in4 Association, received the 2011 Bright Idea award from John Hancock Financial (a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation) for conceiving the "3 in 4 Need More" campaign and mobilizing industry leaders to join in creating the association.
"The campaign is off to a good start," says Goldberg. "We're driving home the fact that most Americans lack protection for longer-lasting illnesses and disabilities, and need to do something about it before their finances or family life are threatened." According to a 2010 "Long-Term Care Cost Study" conducted by Prudential Insurance Company of American, 77% of respondents -- about 3 in 4 -- agreed that "I Should Know More About LTCi Than I Currently Do."
Video highlights of the April 3 event are available at http://youtu.be/4QKme2863-k.
More information about "3 in 4 Need More" is available at the campaign's website: www.3in4needmore.com.
The 3in4 Association is a nonprofit corporation exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. Corporate sponsors include the following insurance carriers: John Hancock Financial, Mutual of Omaha, LifeSecure Insurance Company, Prudential Financial, Transamerica Long Term Care, and MedAmerica (MedAmerica Insurance Company, MedAmerica Insurance Company of New York and MedAmerica Insurance Company of Florida).
- Logo 72dpi: http://send2pressnewswire.com/image/11-0302-3in4_72dpi.jpg
- RSS news feed for 3in4 Association: http://send2pressnewswire.com/author/3in4-association/feed
This release was issued on behalf of the above organization by Send2Press(R), a unit of Neotrope(R). http://www.Send2Press.com
SOURCE 3in4 Association