PLAINVIEW, N.Y., Nov. 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Cable Seals company, American Casting & Manufacturing, shares 4 ways to keep product secures during transportation.
Although the number of instances of cargo theft is declining, the average cost per cargo theft is on the rise. This means that extremely valuable cargo loads are falling victim to theft--the average heist is now valued at almost $190,000, according to Fleet Management. Keeping your cargo safe should be a top priority when planning to transport goods.
There are ways to avoid cargo theft; here are 4 ways to keep products secure during transportation.
- Develop security procedures. Each company should develop security procedures for general practices and special circumstances. This helps make sure that nothing is left to chance. It's important to train all people involved on the procedures, thoroughly and frequently. That way, everyone is up-to-date and informed on all guidelines involving transportation security.
- Create pre-departure, on-the-road, and destination checklists. These checklists are important and should not be taken lightly. Some example of checklist items might include:
- Observing the loading process, checking for any suspicious onlookers.
- Conducting safety inspections for vehicle parts, doors, locks, and seals.
- Do not make any unscheduled stops unless it is an emergency.
- Maintain regular communication with dispatchers.
- Report your arrival time/location.
- Observing the off-loading of cargo.
- Stay aware of your surrounding situations. Knowing your surroundings and being aware of any suspicious people observing your cargo is a good theft deterrent. Familiarize yourself with the tip-offs of potential theft and areas that are conducive to theft. When in doubt, avoid suspicious areas and report any suspicious people. Keep necessary information readily available, including call centers or your dispatcher. In case of a dangerous situation, call 911 immediately and prioritize protecting yourself.
- Use American Casting & Manufacturing seals for truck, rail, and transport cargo loads. Security seals keep your cargo safe and secure. American Casting & Manufacturing offers items such as adjustable length plastic seals, cable locks, plastic security seals, metal strap seals, padlock seals, tamper evident tape and labels, and wire security seals. These not only deter and prevent theft, but make it evident if any attempts of tampering were made.
About American Casting and Manufacturing: American Casting Cable Seals Supplier, American Casting and Manufacturing, is a New York based, family-owned manufacturing company, that produces high-quality customizable security seals, including bolt seals, container seals, and trailer seals, across a wide range of industries. Through innovative production, customer service, and both employee loyalty and respect, the tamper evident seals manufacturer has been producing high-quality seals for over 100 years. The company conforms to the highest standards, meeting the requirements of ISO-9001:2008 quality management systems.
SOURCE American Casting & Manufacturing