SAN DIEGO, Jan. 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Registration is still open to join 42 legislators from 20 states and 200 attendees at the three-day Winter Meeting of the National Council of Legislators from Gaming States that begins Friday at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina.
"We at NCLGS have been working hard to make sure our panelists and programs are addressing the most pressing issues facing state legislatures and the gaming industry today. Nowhere else is found a group of dedicated legislators, regulators, and industry executives focused on the intersection of gaming and the regulatory process," said NCLGS President-Elect Keith Pickard, a senator from Nevada. "This year's Winter Meeting is further proof that everyone interested in legislation and regulation of gaming in America should be in San Diego from January 10 through 12."
The Winter Meeting is open to the public. Online registration at early-bird rates is still available, and onsite registration will begin at the Thursday night welcome reception. Although the Marriott room block has sold out, NCLGS is providing a list of eight first-class hotels that are within easy walking distance of and offered at comparable rates to, the host hotel. To view the hotel information and agenda, and to register for the Winter Meeting at the advance rate, visit http://nclgs.org/index.php/events/nclgs-winter-meeting-san-diego-2020.
In addition to the dozens of state legislators, attendees will include gaming operators, suppliers, sports executives, attorneys, analysts, regulators, public officials, and others who have a stake in all aspects of legalized gambling.
The NCLGS Winter Meeting has been approved for 10.0 credits by the Nevada Board of Continuing Legal Education, underscoring its prominence as a vital gaming forum.
The agenda for the three-day NCLGS Winter Meeting will include:
- Six legislative-chaired Committee sessions that will focus on tribal and commercial casinos, responsible gaming, pari-mutuels, and lotteries, as well as legal, regulatory, and operational aspects related to sports betting
- Two general-session Masterclasses focusing on sports betting and tribal-state compacting conducted by the International Masters of Gaming Law
- Morning Keynote Address from Robert Zahradnik of The Pew Charitable Trusts
- Luncheon Keynote Address from Bill Miller of the American Gaming Association: "State of the Industry"
- Two Sunday morning general session panel discussions
- Thursday evening networking reception
- Friday evening welcome reception
- Saturday afternoon tour of Pechanga Resort Casino in nearby Temecula
NCLGS is the only organization of state lawmakers that meets on a regular basis to discuss issues relating to gaming. Members of NCLGS serve as chairpersons or members of state legislative committees responsible for the regulation of gaming in their state legislative houses. NCLGS does not promote or oppose gaming but is primarily concerned with the regulation and economic and social impacts of the industry. The NCLGS Foundation is the educational and research arm of NCLGS. The 501(c)(3) non-profit is a source of non-partisan data on issues of gaming legislation and regulation. Learn more about NCLGS at https://www.nclgs.org/.
Spectrum Gaming Group, which has consulted for gaming operators, regulators, and legislatures in 40 U.S. states and territories and in 48 countries on six continents, serves as Executive Director of NCLGS. Discover more about Spectrum at https://www.spectrumgaming.com/.
SOURCE National Council of Legislators from Gaming States