SAN FRANCISCO, June 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- At the 4G World 2012 Conference and Expo being held October 29 to November 1, 2012 at McCormick Place in Chicago, mobile operators will gain invaluable insight into current and future trends as well as advanced technologies that are driving the mobile broadband industry forward. Keynote speakers at this year's 4G World – which is now owned by UBM TechWeb, the largest tech event producer in the U.S. – will address key event themes, including 4G Network Evolution, Monetization, and Spectrum. For more information and to register, visit www.4Gworld.com.
"We have an excellent lineup of keynote speakers," says Berge Ayvazian, Senior 4G Consultant at Heavy Reading and Conference Chair. "They will focus on the most challenging issues and obstacles facing mobile broadband operators as they try to manage the cost of unbridled mobile traffic growth and capture new revenues to generate a return on their 4G infrastructure investments."
According to Joe Braue, General Manager of 4G World and Executive Vice President at UBM TechWeb, "The conference and expo is the largest independent global event for network operators who are rolling out the world's most advanced mobile networks, as well as their enterprise customers and the industry that serves them."
Keynote speakers will cover a broad range of topics relevant to the mobile broadband community. Highlights include:
- A visionary keynote address from Dr. Hossein Eslambolchi, Chairman and CEO of 2020 Venture Partners
- Operator keynote addresses from Krish Prabhu, CTO of AT&T; Erik Prusch, President & CEO of Clearwire; Neville Ray, CTO of T-Mobile USA; and Stephen Bye, CTO of Sprint
- Industry keynotes from Wim Sweldens, President of the Wireless Division at Alcatel-Lucent; Kelly Ahuja, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Mobile Internet Technology Group at Cisco; Rose Schooler, General Manager of the Communications Infrastructure Division of Intel; and Bill Davidson, SVP at Qualcomm
Keynote presentations taking place during Summits held on the first day of 4G World will focus on three critical considerations for the mobile broadband industry:
- Small Cell Summit – At this session, Simon Saunders, Chairman of the Small Cell Forum will deliver a keynote address on the role advances in small cell design and HetNet architect will play in addressing spectrum issues and bringing base stations closer to users.
- Mobile Cloud Summit – During his keynote presentation, Michael Lock, Vice President, Americas for Google will share his thoughts on mobile opportunities in cloud services and how to fast track the deployment of mobile cloud platforms.
- Spectrum Summit – Chris Pearson, President of 4G Americas, will explore the fragmented and constrained 4G spectrum and strategies for alleviating the worldwide "spectrum crunch".
4G World will also host a series of panel discussions, including a new addition on the future of LTE and technology developments. Other topics include TCO for Small Cell Deployment, Monetization Strategies for Cloud Services, and Driving Rural 4G and Fixed Broadband.
UBM TechWeb acquired 4G World in February and is applying its substantial audience, content, and event operations expertise to grow the event. "We will be using UBM TechWeb's event platform – which produces events such as Interop – and unique audience platforms at Light Reading, the telecom industry's largest website, and InformationWeek, the leading business technology media brand, to drive attendance," says Braue.
Connect with 4G World
4G World 2012 is sponsored by industry leading corporations and associations. Corporate hosts include Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson and Samsung; premier sponsors include Amdocs, Cisco, Huawei Technologies, Intel, and Qualcomm; platinum sponsors include Airspan, Broadcom, Cavium, Ciena, InfoVista, Juniper Networks, Mentum, NetScout and Wipro; gold sponsors include Alteryx, Anue Systems, Empirix, iBwave, Mavenir, NewNet Communication Technologies, RAD Data Communications, and Sequans Communications.
About 4G World
4G World is the first and only conference and expo covering the entire ecosystem of next-generation 4G technologies that enable the mobile Internet revolution, including mobile network infrastructure, advanced devices, applications and content. Owned and operated by UBM TechWeb, this show provides insight into the state of the industry today and explores forward-looking advancements that will affect operators within the mobile ecosystem in the years ahead. As a ubiquitous network takes hold in the mature markets of North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, operators are anticipating massive growth in broadband data usage and planning their network migration strategies and business models for monetizing mobile Internet services. 4G World offers attendees an opportunity to research state-of-the-practice business models and advanced mobile technologies, and learn from other operators about what works and what doesn't, as they migrate their networks to 4G. For more information, visit www.4GWorld.com
About UBM TechWeb
UBM TechWeb the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14.5 million business and technology professionals (CIOs and IT managers, Web & Digital professionals, Software Developers, Government decision makers, and Telecom providers) actively engage in UBM TechWeb's communities and information resources monthly. UBM TechWeb brands include: global face-to-face events such as Interop, Cloud Connect, Black Hat and Enterprise Connect; award-winning online resources such as InformationWeek, Light Reading, and Network Computing; and market-leading magazines InformationWeek, Wall Street & Technology, and Advanced Trading. UBM TechWeb is a part of UBM plc, one of the world's largest media businesses as a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
SOURCE UBM TechWeb