LOS ANGELES, Dec. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Slated's data-science team has published key financing insights of all films listed on its platform since launching at Sundance 2012. Overall, 9,066 independent feature films have been listed on the platform, of which 1053 have received $627M in investor introductions.
Key insights on the 1053 films include:
- 17% of films reported completed funding. Films scoring 70+, and qualifying for Slated's Executive Producer Services, were 2.5x as likely to report funding completed, at 42%.
- Films had an average budget of $3.8M. Films qualifying for EP Services averaged $7.0M, with the highest budget film being $19.2M (ANON, starring Clive Owen & Amanda Seyfried, written & directed by Andrew Niccol - acquired by Netflix)
- Films scoring 70+ received 12x more investor intros, $7.9M on average vs $646k for all others. Qualifying EP Services films received 23x more intros, averaging $14.9M. The largest investor intro volume to a single film was $33M.
- Qualifying EP Services films completed funding 62% faster, 5.6 months on average vs 14.7 months for all other films.
- Top 3 genres by investor intro volume: $335M to dramas, $177M to thrillers, $139M to comedies.
To see all the charts and hear from the filmmakers, click here.
Launched in 2012, Slated is the leading online film finance marketplace, with more than 44,000 film professionals including 22,000 producers, 18,000 writers, 15,000 directors, 12,000 actors, 1,900 investors and 1,700 sales agents and distributors. Over 1000 listed films have received over $620M in investor introductions, and 68% of films selected for 2016's Sundance Film Festival, and 54% of 2016's Academy Award nominated films were made by Slated members in above-the-line roles.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/5-key-insights-gleaned-from-627m-in-investor-introductions-to-1053-films-300566265.html