LOS ANGELES, Jan. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- For someone suffering with severe obesity, doing everything to shed pounds and work toward a healthy weight isn't just a good idea, it's essential for their health. Severe obesity leads to a range of potentially debilitating issues; many of them quite serious such as heart failure, stroke, and a much higher risk of developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and even cancer. The medical community's consensus is that bariatric surgery is the best tool to fight severe obesity because it offers the most consistent and effective results of any weight loss method. Though decreasing the risk of serious illness and dramatically improving one's likely lifespan is reason enough for someone with severe obesity to seek weight loss surgery, there are many lessor known benefits to a bariatric procedure performed by a highly trained expert like Dr. Michael Feiz.
- Improved Memory A 2013 Swiss study indicated that obese individuals had poorer memory recall than peers of a normal weight. Participants who lost a considerable amount of weight showed stronger memory.
- Skyrocketing Energy: People who lose weight consistently report having much more energy on a daily basis. The explanation is simple: your body has to work harder if it's carrying around a lot of extra pounds. Decreasing weight also improves oxygen efficiency, which means not being out of breath so easily.
- More Enjoyable Work-Out Sessions: Exercising will be easier. In addition to increased energy, working out will be less physically demanding and painful. Obese individuals normally experience considerable joint pain and body aching due to the stress the extra weight places on the body. Being slimmer and lighter greater reduces these issues for a better experience.
- Lower Medical Bills: Because obesity has many associated health conditions, the average obese person spends much more on health care than someone of a normal weight. In 2009, Health Affairs reported the rate is 42% higher. For severely obese individuals, it's a staggering 90% increase over the norm. Much of this is due to the need for prescription medicine. Fortunately, there's a silver lining, many health conditions can improve dramatically or even be remedied by weight loss. Type 2 diabetes, for examples, has been shown to go into remission in many cases.
- Increased ability to conceive children: A study in the journal, Fertility and Sterility, concluded that obese women are much more likely to face infertility and polycystic ovary syndrome. In addition, obesity has a negative impact on maintaining a healthy pregnancy and is also linked to heath concerns impacting the baby.
As an experienced surgeon practicing such procedures as lap band and sleeve gastrectomy in Beverly Hills and throughout greater Los Angeles, Dr. Feiz of Doctor Feiz and Associates has the expertise to deliver these positive effects to his patients. His entire team is committed to helping anyone struggling with severe obesity begin their journey toward a healthy quality of life. For more information, visit the Dr. Feiz and Associates website. You can also contact the office directly by calling: (800) 868-5946. Finally, you can also see Dr. Feiz demonstrates his techniques for Weight Loss on Doctors TV
PR Submitted by Cyberset.com
SOURCE Dr. Feiz and Associates