SAN FRANCISCO, May 25, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global 5G infrastructure market size is estimated to reach USD 496.6 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 106.4% from 2020 to 2027, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Investments by communication service providers to deploy 5G infrastructure in a bid to provide improved data services across multiple industry verticals is driving the market growth. Multitude of research and advances in the field of network technologies is expected to bring down the overall installation costs for next generation 5G network equipment and deployment modules. This, in turn, is expected to boost the deployment of 5G technology and related infrastructure.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The RAN segment is estimated to reach a market size of USD 214.7 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 112.3% from 2020 to 2027, owing to a significant rise in investments for deploying 5G cloud or centralized RAN across key countries such as U.S., U.K., Japan, and China
- With the growing need to provide unified connectivity across IIoT devices and collaborative robots, the demand for 5G technology and related infrastructure in industrial segment is anticipated to witness considerable growth over the forecast period
- Huge investments made by infrastructure providers in installing a 5G standalone network to deliver ultra-reliable low latency connectivity for connected vehicle applications is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period
- The sub-6 GHz segment is expected to account for the largest market size of USD 302.4 billion by 2027, largely attributed to the governments focus on releasing sub-6 GHz frequency bands for high-speed data services across major developed economies
- Leading players such as Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson and Nokia Corporation are highly focused on establishing partnerships with leading service providers to enhance their geographical presence and overall market share
Read 121 page research report with ToC on "5G Infrastructure Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Communication Infrastructure (Solution, Services), By Spectrum (Sub-6 GHz, mmWave), By Network Architecture, By Application, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/5g-infrastructure-market
Significantly growing demand for high bandwidth connectivity across wide range of use cases including Ultra-high Definition (UHD) video viewing, cloud-based AR/VR gaming, and HD video meetings is expected to drive demand during the forecast period. Moreover, in a bid to enhance the overall productivity and operational efficiencies, industry verticals including manufacturing, oil and gas, mining, and energy and utilities are making huge investments for deploying robust 5G networks. Thus, the rising need for high bandwidth capacity to help facilities establish unified connectivity across millions of Industrial IoT (IIoT) devices is expected to foster the global market growth from 2020 to 2027.
With the emergence of 5G technology, the transportation and logistics industry is expected to gradually shift towards an autonomous ecosystem. The deployment of a 5G network is expected to help deliver seamless data speed with low latency for various transport applications including connected cars, autonomous cars, and connected ships. Moreover, demand for high-speed bandwidth capacity, especially across healthcare applications including telemedicine and remote patient surgeries is expected to further strengthen the market growth in near future. Similarly, the growth will be supported by rising adoption of smart cities worldwide.
The ongoing pandemic of COVID-19 has had an adverse impact on the market. Several telecom equipment manufacturers across the globe have temporarily shut down their production facilities and halted exports of 5G equipment. The federal governments across key countries such as U.S., France, U.K., and Australia have temporarily postponed the 5G spectrum auctions. Furthermore, the escalating trade war between the two largest economies coupled with rising security concerns is estimated to somewhat pose challenge to the market growth, at least over the next year and half.
Grand View Research has segmented the global 5G infrastructure market on the basis of communication infrastructure, spectrum, network architecture, application, and region:
- 5G Infrastructure Communication Infrastructure Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2027)
- Radio Access Network (RAN)
- Core Network
- Backhaul & Transport
- Implementation & Integration
- Support & Maintenance
- Training & Education
- 5G Infrastructure Spectrum Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2027)
- Sub-6 GHz
- Low Band
- Mid Band
- 5G Infrastructure Network Architecture Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2027)
- 5G Infrastructure Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2027)
- Home Broadband Services
- Cloud-based Gaming/AR/VR
- UHD TV/Video
- Smart Homes
- Mobile Data Services
- Smart City
- IoT Connected Devices
- Smart Manufacturing
- Wireless Industry Camera
- Industrial sensors
- Inventory Monitoring
- Collaborative Robot/Cloud-Robot
- Cloud-based AGV
- Industrial Analytics
- Energy & Utilities
- Oil & Gas
- Remote Patient Monitoring
- Remote Diagnosis & Surgery
- Hospital Assistant Robot
- Media & Entertainment
- Transportation & Logistics
- Connected Fleets
- Infotainment Systems
- Ships and Ports Connectivity
- Aerospace & Defense
- Smart Retail
- Smart Agriculture
- 5G Infrastructure Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Next Generation Technologies Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Digital Lending Platform Market – The increasing focus of financial institutions to offer an enhanced and personalized experience to their customers is expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
- Digital Forensics Market – Increasing cases of sophisticated digital crime coupled with rising security concerns across various industries, such as financial institutions, IT and telecom, and retail, among others is expected to drive the market growth.
- Insurance Fraud Detection Market – The global insurance fraud detection market size was valued at USD 4.1 billion in 2018 and is expected to register a CAGR of 13.7% from 2019 to 2025.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.