LOUISVILLE, Ky., April 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Rand McNally has rolled out a 7-inch version of its popular TND™ Tablet for professional truckers, giving drivers another option for a combined truck-specific GPS and pre-loaded Android tablet.
Rand McNally is demonstrating the new TND™ Tablet 70 through April 2nd at the Mid-America Trucking Show, booth #68144 in the West Wing of the Kentucky Exposition Center.
The new GPS tablet comes one year after Rand McNally debuted its innovative TND™ Tablet with 8-inch screen. Just like the original, the TND™ Tablet 70 brings together solutions drivers need while:
- Operating their vehicle – such as truck-specific routing, mileage tracking and an on-board dash cam,
- Managing the business of driving – with pre-loaded apps such as document scanning, load matching, and book-keeping assistance,
- Taking advantage of down time – since the device is on the Android platform drivers can check email, keep up with social media, and download entertainment.
The TND™ Tablet 70 contains all the same features as the original 8-inch GPS tablet, but in a 7-inch screen-size format for those who prefer a slightly smaller device. Additionally, both tablets can be paired with the just-announced ELD 50 device to create a compliant electronic logging system.
The new tablet offers:
- Award-winning IntelliRoute® TND™ truck-specific navigation software,
- Rand McNally's TripMaker® planning tool that allows drivers to create a trip on the tablet and then push the route to the GPS on the tablet for truck-specific routing,
- An eBook edition of Rand McNally's #1-selling Motor Carriers' Road Atlas,
- An onboard dash cam that records video of the road ahead,
- A front-facing camera for capturing photos or using for Wi-Fi-enabled video calls,
- Fuel Manager, from Let's Truck – an easy, efficient, tank-by-tank tracking of fueling costs (including partials) and mileage. This app helps drivers learn how to improve their trucks' fuel performance,
- Profit Gauges, from Let's Truck - the easiest accounting/bookkeeping system for owner-operators and company drivers alike includes overview screens for a quick business assessment, profit and loss statements, and month-end and tax reporting,
- Truck It Smart's load board – allows real-time access for posting and searching loads or trucks. A proven, powerful and easy-to-use tool, this online freight-matching solution helps simplify logistics and increase profitability for shippers, brokers, and truckers,
- TRANSFLO Mobile+ -- provides a one-stop solution to speed cash flow and optimize communications between carriers, brokers and drivers by allowing scanning and submission of documents on the go (including accident and claims documents) using the tablet's built-in camera.
The device itself features:
- A magnetic, commercial-grade powered mount with an additional GPS antenna, helping to ensure that the navigation experience is superior. Rugged enough for the in-cab environment, the mount allows for the TND™ Tablet to be easily removed for use at a truckstop, home, or in the sleeping berth,
- A 7-inch screen with pinch and zoom functionality,
- Compatibility with rear or side-view camera (sold separately).
Priced at $449.99, the TND™ Tablet 70 is available at retail truck stops and travel centers, select online outlets, and store.randmcnally.com.
About Rand McNally – Rand McNally is the country's most trusted source for maps, navigation, and travel content. Products and services include: OverDryve™ connected-car device; America's #1 Road Atlas; IntelliRoute® truck routing software; TND™ truck GPS; ELD 50 and HD 100 E-Log devices; TND™ 765 mobile fleet management solutions; RVND™ GPS for RVers; and leading geography-based educational resources. Learn more at randmcnally.com.
© 2016 RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally. All rights reserved.
Rand McNally, the globe design mark, and IntelliRoute are registered trademarks, and OverDryve, TND and RVND are trademarks of RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally. U.S. Patent Nos. 7,580,791 and 8,214,141.
All prices are in U.S dollars.
User is responsible for all third party data charges associated with Wi-Fi.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/7-inch-tnd-tablet-from-rand-mcnally-now-available-300242159.html
SOURCE Rand McNally