IRVINE, Calif., Aug. 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Netwrix Corporation, provider of a visibility platform for data security and risk mitigation in hybrid environments, today announced the release of its 2017 IT Risks in Government infographics. Part of the recently published Netwrix 2017 IT Risks Report, these infographics are based on feedback provided by IT specialists working for government agencies around the world.
The 2017 IT Risks in Government infographics provide insight into the cybersecurity challenges, security practices and IT plans common among government entities. The IT risks are divided into three areas: security, compliance and operations.
The survey's key findings for government entities are:
- 57% of government entities focus on endpoint protection.
- 75% of government entities do not have any visibility into BYOD, 67% lack insight into shadow IT, and 60% have no visibility into their cloud infrastructures.
- 100% of respondents from the government sector see employees as the biggest threat to security.
- 72% of government entities experienced security incidents in 2016; the most common reasons were human errors and insider misuse.
- Only 14% of government entities consider themselves to be well prepared to beat IT risks.
- The IT departments of government agencies are mainly restrained by lack of time (57%), insufficient budget (43%), and IT infrastructure complexity (43%).
- Government entities are willing to invest in protection against intellectual property theft (43%), data breaches (29%) and fraud (14%).
"Government entities have to embrace the new cyber security reality. While they continue to focus on the traditional perimeter-defense approach, the world has changed, and they are not prepared for new threats," said Michael Fimin, CEO and co-founder of Netwrix. "Government agencies need to gain visibility into what is happening across all of their critical assets — both outside and inside the perimeter. With user behavior analytics at their fingertips they can stay on top of abnormal activity caused by human errors, malicious insiders and outside attackers."
To download the 2017 IT Risks in Government infographics, please visit: www.netwrix.com/go/itrisksingovernment2017.
About Netwrix Corporation
Netwrix Corporation was the first vendor to introduce a visibility and governance platform for hybrid cloud security. More than 160,000 IT departments worldwide rely on Netwrix to detect insider threats on premises and in the cloud, pass compliance audits with less effort and expense, and increase productivity of IT security and operations teams. Founded in 2006, Netwrix has earned more than 100 industry awards and been named to both the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. For more information, visit www.netwrix.com
Avista PR for Netwrix
SOURCE Netwrix Corporation