LAS VEGAS, Sept. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- BlogWorld & New Media Expo, the first and only industry-wide new media conference and expo, dedicated to the business of blogging, social media networking and online broadcasting has announced its full cadre of world-class new media leaders to be featured in keynote presentations. The show will take place October 14-16, 2010 in Las Vegas, Nevada at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
Thursday, October 14
- 8:30am PDT: Un-Marketing
- Scott Stratten, President of UnMarketing – Expert in Viral, Social, and Authentic Marketing which he calls Un-Marketing. His clients' viral marketing videos have been viewed more than 60 million times and have generated massive profit; he was voted one of the top influencers on Twitter and is followed by more than 60,000 people on the site. Stratten recently appeared in the Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, Mashable, USA Today, CNN.com and Fast Company.
- 5:15pm PDT: Behind The Wristband: How LIVESTRONG Evolved From A Cause To A Movement
- Rohit Bhargava, VP, Digital Strategy & Marketing at Ogilvy – Founding member of the pioneering 360 Digital Influence team at Ogilvy and the bestselling author of "Personality Not Included." He publishes the Influential Marketing blog, which AdAge Magazine rates among the top 50 marketing blogs in the world and was recently described by the Wall Street Journal as "intellectual and educational." Bhargava will be interviewing Doug Ulman, CEO of Livestrong, in a fireside chat-style keynote.
- Doug Ulman, President and CEO of LIVESTRONG – Ulman is a three-time cancer survivor and nationally recognized cancer advocate. He joined LIVESTRONG as director of survivorship in 2001. Most recently Doug was named to the Non-Profit Times Power and Influence Top 50 for 2009, an honor bestowed to the top 50 Non-profit executives. Ulman will discuss with Rohit Bhargava how important blogs and social media were in the rise of LIVESTRONG, and how they continue to leverage social media to grow massive awareness, education, fund-raising, community engagement, and evangelism by millions of the LIVESTRONG brand, purpose and programs.
Friday, October 15
- 5:30pm PDT: "The Future of Web Video" Keynote Panel
- Susan Bratton, CEO and Co-Founder of Personal Life Media – Renowned for her breadth of business relationships in the media, marketing and Web 2.0 world, Bratton's unique perspectives about digital marketing are showcased in her weekly podcast and blog, "DishyMix: Success Secrets from Famous Media and Internet Executives." AdAge magazine recognized Susan twice – first as a "Digital Media Master" and as one of the "10 Internet Pioneers."
- Jim Louderback, CEO of Revision 3 – With more than 20 years experience in consulting, technology, computers and media, including previously leading PC Magazine as Editor-in-Chief, Louderback has pioneered many significant new innovations and online technology shows. He has led Revision 3, with its all-original episodic community-driven programs, to be one of the most successful and watched Internet television networks. Louderback is regularly voted into the top 20 of Technology Marketing's annual list of most influential technology journalists.
- Dick Glover, President & CEO of Funny or Die – Glover brings a 20-year history in broadcasting and media including executive roles at Disney, ABC, ESPN, and most recently as VP of Broadcasting and New Media for NASCAR. Glover is now President and CEO of funnyordie.com, co-founded by actor Will Ferrell, one of the most visited comedy sites on the web. Funnyordie.com was featured in Adweek's "Digital Hot List," and since its launch, the site has had more than 143 million video views and features and more than 24 thousand videos. An award-winning website that has become one of the top destinations for comedy on the web, the site features hundreds of exclusive celebrity videos and a stream of huge viral hits, averaging more than 22 million views per month.
Saturday, October 16
- 9:30am PDT: The 7 Harsh Realities of Blogging for Bucks
- Brian Clark, CEO, Copyblogger – Brian Clark is a writer, online content producer, entrepreneur, and recovering attorney. In addition to building three successful offline businesses using online marketing techniques, Clark has developed and sold a variety of software and online education products and services. He founded Copyblogger in January of 2006, and in that time has launched three 7-figure businesses off the Copyblogger platform. Advertising Age ranks Copyblogger as a top marketing blog in its Power150 list. Clark has been featured in more than 10 leading marketing books, including "Linchpin" by Seth Godin.
- Sonia Simone, Senior Editor of Copyblogger – Online marketing communications expert, founder of Remarkable Communication, Senior Editor of Copyblogger, and Co-Founder of Third Tribe Marketing.
- Darren Rowse, CEO of Pro Blogger – In 2002 Darren Rowse started his first blog - not knowing that what would start as a personal hobby site would grow into a full time profession and million dollar business. Today Rowse is widely regarded as Australia's top blogger and edits numerous blogs including ProBlogger and Digital Photography School. He co-authored the book "ProBlogger" (Wiley 2008/10), co-founded the b5media blog network as well as Third Tribe Marketing. Rowse's blogs are visited by millions of readers worldwide.
- 5:00pm PDT: Closing Keynote Talk Show
- Rob Barnett, Founder/CEO of MyDamnChannel – Barnett has produced radio, television, film, and new media with hundreds of diverse communicators including President Bill Clinton, Oprah Winfrey, The Rolling Stones, Bono, Jimmy Kimmel, Adam Carolla, Penn Jillette and more. Barnett's history includes executive roles at MTV, VH1, tours of duty in rock radio in major markets, and most recently was President of Programming for CBS Radio. Rob founded MyDamnChannel.com to empower comedians, actors, filmmakers, musicians and brands to co-produce, distribute and monetize original video for all digital platforms. The company has launched some of the most successful, original comedy series on the Internet, has won multiple Webby and Streamy Awards, worldwide media coverage, major national advertisers, branded entertainment deals and more than 64,000 subscribers on YouTube.
- Adam Carolla, Founder of ACE Broadcasting – Host of The Adam Carolla Show and the most downloaded podcaster on iTunes. Carolla's history includes the "Loveline" radio show with Dr. Drew Pinsky, television shows including starring/co-creating "The Man Show" and "Crank Yankers" with Jimmy Kimmel, feature film and stand-up comedy. The Adam Carolla Podcast was launched in early 2009 and was downloaded 4 million times in the first two weeks; from there his new media enterprise has continued to grow. The ACE Broadcasting Network of shows features The Adam Carolla Podcast, Carcast, This Week with Larry Miller, The Parent Experiment, Spider and the Henchman, The Film Vault, Daves of Thunder, Low Budget FM and several new shows to launch before the end of year. This Fall, Carolla is releasing a book of rants for Crown Publishing, titled "In 50 Years We'll All Be Chicks."
- Cali Lewis, Host of GeekBeat.TV – Lewis hosts the popular short-format web TV show GeekBeat.tv three times each week on the Revision 3 network. The show covers technology news, current gadgets, and futuristic research projects and attracts a global audience ranging from geeks to tech newbies. Lewis has expertise in podcasting and additionally co-hosts the Wealth Nation audio podcast, which covers entrepreneurial, personal finance and quality-of-life topics. Lewis has appeared on MSNBC, NBC, FOX and ABC shows as a tech expert, and has co-hosted Call For Help with Leo Laporte.
- Penn Jillette, Co-star of Penn & Teller, Host of Penn Point Podcast – Jillette is the larger, louder half of world-renowned comedy-magic team Penn & Teller, with a regular show at the Rio in Las Vegas. His newest venture is the web TV show Penn Point, featuring Jillette's daily rants on politics, pop-culture and life in Vegas. Jillette's TV credits include several shows including the Emmy nominated Showtime series Penn & Teller: Bullshit!, the Emmy-winning Penn & Teller Go Public, hosting the NBC game show Identity, a contestant on ABC's hit Dancing With The Stars, as well as dozens of guest appearances on Late Night with David Letterman, Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Friends, The Simpsons, Num3rs and The West Wing. Motion picture credits include Walt Disney's Toy Story, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Walt Disney's Fantasia 2000. Stage credits include the Broadway cast of The Rocky Horror Show and the original New York run of The Exonerated. Penn is a best selling author with five books to his credit and a frequent contributor to The New York Times, Maxim and Rolling Stone.
- Jeffrey Hayzlett, Author of "The Mirror Test" – Hailed a "Celebrity CMO" by Forbes Magazine and famous for his outspoken appearances on numerous television networks, Jeffrey Hayzlett is widely recognized as one of the most influential marketers of our time. Previously as Chief Marketing Officer of the iconic Eastman Kodak Company, Hayzlett was responsible for the company's worldwide marketing operations. With Hayzlett at the helm of Kodak's marketing and business development initiatives, the company experienced record growth, unveiled revolutionary new products and has established a global brand as a leader in cutting-edge research and product development. Hayzlett's mega best-selling book "The Mirror Test" has been acclaimed by thought leaders and business moguls such as Donald Trump who said, "This book is a reflection of marketing genius...read it to find out how companies, big and small, 'Trump' the competition!"
BlogWorld & New Media Expo 2010 is sponsored by premium brands such as: Southwest Airlines "Official Airline of BlogWorld & New Media Expo", Sony "New Media Lounge Sponsor" and more.
Additional information on BlogWorld & New Media Expo, including conference session descriptions, exhibitor list and registration details is available at http://www.blogworldexpo.com. The online interactive conference schedule, powered by Sched.org is available at http://2010.blogworldexpo.com
About BlogWorld & New Media Expo
BlogWorld & New Media Expo is the first and only industry-wide tradeshow, conference and media event dedicated to promoting the dynamic industry of new media. Thousands of attendees learn about Content Creation, Distribution, Monetization and Social Media Marketing strategies, including step-by-step techniques and bleeding-edge tools from the most successful and influential Bloggers, Podcasters, Vloggers, Online TV & Radio Broadcasters, Social Influencers, New Media Pro's and Online Journalists. Social Media Business Summit, an exclusive feature within the conference, comprises the world's premier social media business conference for business owners, marketing executives and online entrepreneurs learning how to effectively use social media to reach new customers, build communities around their brands and grow their businesses online with best strategies and social media practices. In the New Media Expo, attendees converge on the only comprehensive new media tradeshow to network, find solutions and make important new media strategy, service and product purchase decisions.
SOURCE BlogWorld & New Media Expo