HERZLIYA, Israel, July 30, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- SafeDK, the leading mobile SDK management and ad visibility solution, has released a new, Mobile SDKs Trends Report – The first report in the GDPR era.
The report exposes the nature of SDK activity, providing information about the strongest players, top SDK categories, private data that SDKs attempt to access and more. The examined trends are also compared to the data shared in last March's Mobile SDKs Trends Report, prior to GDPR coming into effect.
SafeDK also released earlier this year the world's first mobile app GDPR compliance online guide. The guide is based on SafeDK expertise gained after monitoring hundreds of top SDKs, reaching over 150 million MAU (monthly active users) and working with the world's top app companies.
Here are the main highlights from this report:
- The average number of mobile SDKs in an app now stands on 18.3, representing a slight increase compared to March 2018.
- The percentage of SDKs integrated within the app but unused has dropped from 28% to 25%.
- Even with recent GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) coming into effect, over 57% of apps still have at least one SDK trying to access user location and 40.1% of apps have SDKs that are looking at the list of other apps installed on their users' devices.
- Crash Reporting category is growing stronger as a new player takes the field.
- Tenjin SDK is gaining traction and making it to the top 5 for Attribution.
To explore many additional trends, as well as to learn about differences between developers' geos, please download the full report here.
SafeDK is a leading end-to-end SDKs management platform which enables top app publishers such as Playrix, Gram Games, Wooga, PeopleFun and many others to analyze, monitor and optimize the behavior of SDKs - in their apps. Mobile apps commonly incorporate 3rd party SDKs, which are seen as black boxes by the app owners integrating them. With SafeDK, app owners can oversee performance, ad visibility, privacy and GDPR compliance, switch off problematic SDKs in real time, and control SDKs' access permissions. SafeDK was founded in September 2014 by Orly Shoavi and Ronnie Sternberg, and has offices in Israel and New York. SafeDK has recently reached 100 million global monthly active users (MAU) in overall the apps that are safeguarded by the solution.
For more information go to: www.safedk.com
For media inquiries only, contact: